𝟑𝟑. 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

despite having a calm attitude when in front if the school administrators, mr. hacker was very disappointed in his son and had no problem hiding it once they left.

vinnie was one week into his suspension and his parents went inside of the school to grab more of his textbooks and pick up his homework.

mrs. laura gave him a two-week suspension. it was halfway over, but that doesn't mean it sucked any less. no football, no friends, no dani.

"i'm still upset with you, vinnie. a fight at homecoming? what the hell were you thinking?" he said as they were all getting into the car, "i knew that kiara girl was trouble."

"i— well— i was actually defending daniella," vinnie said.

"oh," his dad's mood changed almost instantly, "then i mean— well— maybe elmo deserved it," he replied and shrugged his shoulders.

"andrew!" mrs. hacker exclaimed and smacked him upside the head.

"what maria?"

"it doesn't matter who he fought elmer over!"

"it's elmo, mom," vinnie chimed in.

"whatever! our son is still suspended! he can't go to school or play football!" she put her head in her hand and sighed, "what about setting a good example for reggie? you looks up to you and you're out here doing things like this."

"our boy was defending someone he cares about. i'm not seeing the big deal. it's setting a good example for reggie because if his boyfriend, girlfriend, or whoever won't stand up for him, then they're not the one," vinnie's dad said and gave him a thumbs up.

vinnie's mom sighed once again, knowing she was defeated. it's impossible to have a logical argument with them, "you guys are idiots. just drive, andrew."

"see? you know dad's right."

mrs. hacker looked at her two boys, looked at her wedding ring, then looked up at god, "why?" she muttered.

mr. hacker leaned into his wife and gave her a smile, "because you love me," he cheekily said.

vinnie laughed and rolled his eyes, "you guys are such teenagers."

•••

"you know, i'm so glad you guys came over," dani managed to mumble to her friends.

it was her, signa, dylan, chase, and bryce all sitting around in her bedroom. jaden was busy hanging out with madison, oblivious to what was going on.

the five of them have been hanging out and drinking for the past two hours. dani was the one getting the most drunk, while everyone else was slightly buzzed.

"you guys— you guys— y—"

chase was leaning on dani's shoulder and reached his hand to lightly tap her head, "we're what? spit it out, dandelion."

signa and bryce started laughing at dani struggling to speak clearly, "give her a second, softish," signa defended.

"you guys are great. you guys are the only people i've ever needed, jaybear included. wherever he is."

"he's with mads right now," bryce said.

dani's eyes widened, "oh yeah. the happy little family," she accidentally said and quickly closed her mouth after.

"huh?" signa asked.

"nothing!" dylan interjected, "dani's stupid ass is drunk out of her mind right now and just saying whatever."

"pshhhh, yeah," dani closed her eyes and sighed, "all i can think of is: fuck vincent."

there was a round of applause coming from those around her. "yeah!" bryce cheered, "fuck vincent! not literally, though."

"fuck his stupid face. fuck his ex girlfriend. fuck vincent. fuck vincent. fuck vincen— oh my god." dani suddenly stopped and shot up from laying on her bed, her shoulder accidentally hit chase on his cheek, "i fucked up so bad. oh my god."

"love, what are you talking about?" signa asked.

dani rapidly felt around for her phone, "vincent! vinnie! i need to tell him!"

"tell him what?"

"how i feel! fuck, i can't find my phone. screw this, i'm going to his house," she said and got up to head towards the door.

chase put his hands on her shoulders to calm her down, "dani. you are drunk, you can't drive, and your parents will kill you and all of us if you're caught."

dani nodded her head at chase and tried thinking of what to do next, "goddammit chase, you're right." she took a look at him, then took a look at the window.

bryce followed her gaze and ran towards the front of her window, "absolutely not," he stated.

"oh come on!" dani whined and spotted a light under her bed, "my phone!" she exclaimed and dove for it. "everybody shut up! this is important."

her friends watched her stupidly drunk text vinnie. inside signa's head, she prayed to god things don't end terribly. inside dylan's head, she hoped for the best, but also wanted drama.

•••

daniella💛hi vin it's dani amdim so fujking sorty READ AT 6:42 PM

daniella💛
hi vin it's dani amd
im so fujking sorty
READ AT 6:42 PM

author's note:

only a few chapters left :P idk
how many but i've reached that
point where i'm lowkey ready
for this book to be over 😭