pieces

rivi's pov:

enjoying the hot food and somehow gulping down that yucky  juice i finish the breakfast, 

i'll never get accustomed to the ugly taste of kombucha .

why would anyone wake up and  be like- damn! this human race is having humane food.. nuh uh let me just take mushrooms, rot them and make the shittiest thing ever. i will call it healthy and vallah ....sold!

Smug idiot.
Anyways can't sit in the mess forever,  so following the usual schedule I walk to the library.

after reading for a while in there,i head towards the gym .

i can hear some commotion in the gym, i knock the glass door and get in after the come in.

perfect my misery is going to have an audience.

okay so i will talk to hardin only if i complete all the sets grendel assign.

"speed 6. 20 minutes , hop on the treadmill."

' yes sir'

WARMUP,  done.

" get 12 kgs bag and start the side lunges."

i  hate side lunges for pretty obvious reasons and with 12 freakin kgs!!!

nevertheless i got the bag and adjusted my feet firmly on the ground.

"face the watch rivi, and make sure you do 4 side lunges every minute .

miss the count and we add weights. clear?"

'yes sir'

i want more options in answers than yes no and apology.

the guys have been doing one legged squats since i arrived !they are groaning, i am pretty sure these 12 kg are going to make me join them

"Knuckle pushups boys"

A loud yes sir was chorused and they switched in perfect sync.

They amaze me with the kind of discipline they portray.

After about 15 minutes every single soul in the gym except for all mighty grendel was groaning.

"Rivi put the weights down and continue."

'Yes sir' I expected a hault but beggars are not choosers.

Their groans were getting louder.

"Cadets! I am going to ask questions and I want answers in sequence."

He threw a bullet towards hardin , because he was the first in the sequence.

"What is model?" He said really low .

The guys probably knew this tactic because they held their groans and even the breaths too probably to create perfect silence .

So it was just my groans that resonated in the room.

Holding groans is so difficult.

°INSAS 5.56 mm rifle sir.°

" weight with  magazine"

'empty -4.108 kgs
Filled -4.373 kgs sir.'
Joe replied.

Since I  can not hold my groans or breath I halted while grendel was asking the question so that I don't disturb the barely audible decibels.
Since he wasn't looking at me.

"Rivi!! Take 5 kgs  up high in your hands."
His voiced boomed making me and a few others flinch.

How. Did .you .do. That.