scars

Rivi's pov:

After talking to star and calming her down i made her sleep.

'Do you have some place she can sleep peacefully and not hear us?'

*yes, I'll ask take her to my dorm and try to come back as soon as I can?*

'That doesn't sound like a feasible idea to me, last thing we need here is she thinking that another person left her.'

*right,there is a small book room connected to my office but if any one yells she will wake up there.*

'That sounds like a possible option , we will talk .'

*ok,let's go in then?*

'Yes, she must have calmed down by now.'

Jerry took star from my lap and adjusted her on his hip,making sure not to wake her up.

I plucked a few diffrent flowers from nearby ,including some wild ones too, I think I just need some bright colors,mostly yellow , I need good serotonin(one of the happy hormones) induction.

Jerry lowly knocked , after about 15 seconds grendel came and carefully opened the door.

"She has calmed down considerably but not completely"he whispered

'Can I talk to her ,sir.'

"Sure"his voice devoid of the surety it usually carries.

She still have moist eyes and one of her fists is still clenched.

I went in and  got on my knees, and showed raelyn the flowers in between my open palms,with a bright smile.

'Hey raelyn! See aren't these pretty ? Do  you like the colors?'

She looked at me with unsurity and looked back at major Adam whom she was clung to like dear life.

Major Adam nodded to her assuringly.

She got down ,held major's finger and tried dragging him with her.

Major Adam followed .

After talking a couple of steps she stopped but I didn't let my calm smile falter.

She came and opened her clenched fist ,it had 2 ruined dandelion flowers.

'Uncle sammy'she called softly and
looked at grendel,as if waiting grendel came to her side almost instantly.

She took one flower and handed it to him,and gave the other one to major adam.

"Thanks a lot princess, it's so pretty."grendel appreciated.

Is this the same guy who trains me??

Major Adam just kissed her palm which had the flowers.
Without saying a word. I can see him struggling within.

'Can you tell me which is your favourite flower amongst these?' I asked softly.

She has been looking at my palms only.

She picked up a bright yellow flower.

And I sighed internally, this is a good start.

'Shall we go sit in the garden?' I asked excitedly,  a bright surrounding might help.

I am just playing hit and trial here.

I need to know atleast a bit of background.

Instead of answering she clunged major Adam again.

Exactly what I needed,back to square one.

I got up.

'I don't think i can bring her to talk to me as of now, atleast not before I know atleast something about her background sir'