iii. filling in the blanks as we go

The next week had rolled around far too quickly for Aurora's liking

She had spent the last few days with her family, talking everything over about the new law and who she was going to be marrying, leaving out the hatred the couple harboured for one another. Her mother, as she suspected, instantly went out shopping for wedding magazines and samples of colours and fabrics, filled with joy.

Her younger sister, who had only recently turned 6 (she was a 'happy' accident as her parents called it), was ecstatic at the notion of Aurora getting married. She believed Aurora was marrying her 'prince' like in that muggle cartoon Snow White or maybe Cinderella.

But the days had gone quickly and now here she was again, standing in front of the Potter Manor, with a bag filled with wedding magazines her mother told her to go through with Remus.

This time, when she knocked on the door, it was Remus who greeted her. He had told her to follow him through to the living room where the rest of his friends were sat.

"'Elo," a small miniature version of James crawled up to her as she entered the room. She was stood awkwardly in the doorway, unsure of what to do, so Aurora decided to greet this friendly little kid.

"Hi," she smiled widely at the young boy as she crouched down next to him. "Who are you?"

The small child grinned at her and tried to put his hand out for her to shake. "'m 'arry,"

Aurora couldn't help the laugh that left her throat as she went to shake Harry's hand. "Hello Harry, I'm Aurora, but you can call me Rory,". Harry quickly tackled his new friend in an unexpected hug, that knocked her to the floor, as she had only been resting on the tip of her toes.

"Alright Harry, that's enough, look what you've done to the poor girl," Lily lightheartedly scolded her child, but couldn't stop the smile spreading on her face at his puppy eyes, begging her to forgive him.

Aurora quickly stood up, it seemed being tackled in this house was going to be something she had to get used to. "He's very cute," She told Lily, as the young boy was now attached to her hip.

"Thank you," Lily smiled softly at her. "Would you like to sit down?"

Aurora quickly scanned the room and found an uninhibited sofa. As she sat down into her seat, she allowed herself to study the room. In the centre there was a large fireplace, which she assumed was for flooing as well as heat, and it was decorated with lots of pictures all along the mantle. "There are a lot of pictures in this house," She said, trying to clear the uncomfortable silence.

"Hah, yeah. Mum and Dad loved filling rooms with them. They enjoyed the liveliness it brings into the house, especially when it was filled with their favourite memories," James told her.

"That's nice. I don't really have any pictures in my flat, just a few of my family. But I like the pictures here, I guess, it's kinda like watching everyone grow in a short time span,"