liii. one single thread of gold tied me to you

She was sitting on the floor in front of the sofa so she could write on papers spread out on the coffee table in front of her

She was sitting on the floor in front of the sofa so she could write on papers spread out on the coffee table in front of her. It wasn't the most fun task, but the film playing in the background kept her from falling asleep.

The noise of the door opening and closing stole her attention, not that it required much in the first place. She saw Remus, a large smile on his face, make his way over to her.

"Having fun?" He asked, perching on the arm rest of the sofa and looking over her shoulder to see what she was doing. Aurora immediately scrambled the papers together, flipping them over.

She shot him a smile. "So much fun I can hardly contain myself." Remus laughed and offered his hand out to her to help her up from the floor. "Where have you been?" He had left when she was out shopping for food a few hours ago and she hadn't known where he went, all she knew was that he had not been kidnapped because of the note he had left on the table.

"I went out."

"Wow, really? I could have never guessed." He grinned at her, pulling her into the space between his legs so he could kiss her. "You going to tell me now?" She asked once they pulled away.

Remus shook his head. "Even better, I'm going to show you."

He had made her find some sturdy shoes, saying there was a bit of walking involved. Aurora would have been lying if she said she wasn't less intrigued to find out what it was he wanted to show her.

Remus led her to a hill behind their house that was surrounded by trees. It was darker than walking out in the clearings as the canopies of the trees blocked the quickly darkening night so Remus cast Lumos from his wand.

She followed behind him for nearly ten minutes, only asking once where they were going—the look he gave her over his shoulder made her refrain from asking again—, when Remus stopped walking and forced her to close her eyes as he led her down the path for the last minute. Aurora felt his hands cover her eyes and his breath on her neck.

"Okay," He said. "This is it." But he hadn't removed his hands yet.

"Do I have to wait for you to move your hands or...?" He gave her a slew of apologies and moved his hands from covering her eyes.

The scene that Aurora looked at in front of her was beautiful. He had enchanted candles to float in the air over a picnic blanket along with a large number of candles dotted around them. "Remus," She turned around to look him in the eyes. "This is lovely."

He grinned. "The surprise isn't over yet." Aurora had no clue what he could be on about until he got down on one knee.

She would like to say she didn't feel like she was going to start crying, but she couldn't. Aurora was all too aware of the pressure building up behind her eyes as she looked down at Remus.

"It's been five hundred and sixty three days since we got married," He said and Aurora wasn't even aware that it had been that long ago. "And I never proposed to you. So, this is me asking right now: Rory, will you marry me?"