xxvi. million little stars (spelling out your name)

"What job did you want when you were 10?" Aurora asked Remus, they had been going back and forth, asking and answering their own and each other's questions

"I didn't think about it." Remus lied. Aurora could tell by the way a sad expression came over his face.

"Yes you did," She told him. "I wanted to be a unicorn."

"You can't be a unicorn." Remus laughed.

"That didn't stop me," Aurora grinned. "Now, tell me. What was your dream job when you were 10?"

"A unicorn isn't a dream job!" He accused her.

"Oh my god Remus!" Aurora exclaimed. "I will leave." She threatened.

"Don't." Remus whispered. Aurora reached a hand out to hold his. At some point, she had moved under the covers, and her and Remus were lying sideways facing one another.

"I won't," She reassured him, and squeezed his hand lightly, smiling as he squeezed hers in return.

"My dream job...," Remus sighed. "I wanted to be a librarian."

Aurora couldn't help the laugh that left her mouth at Remus' confession. "A librarian?" Another round of laughter. "You could have wanted to be anything in the world, and you chose librarian?"

"I really liked books!" He defended, grinning at her.

"Liked?" She gestured to the stacks of books around his room. Her laughing had dulled into a wide smile that made her cheekbones hurt, but she didn't want to stop.

"Shut up," Remus grumbled. "Favourite subject in school?"

"I really liked Ancient Runes, you?"

"Defence against the dark arts, why Runes?"

"I enjoy languages, Russian, remember?" She told him, finding it amusing in the way he remembered that she spoke another language. "Why Defence? Wait, let me guess...you liked throwing curses at your friends?"

Remus laughed, face tilting into the pillow slightly. He started speaking, but Aurora found herself distracted by his face. He had a small scar on the top of his lip and another on his nose; she couldn't even begin to wonder how many times his nose had probably been broken. The irises of his eyes were a golden amber that she couldn't stop staring at one her eyes were on them.

"Rory?" She quickly tore her eyes from his, which were now looking directly at her. She knew her heart had practically skipped a beat when he used her nickname.

"Yeah?" She asked, distracted by trying to stop her heart from beating so loudly.

"Were you listening to anything I had just said?" He asked, already knowing the answer though.

"You said...," She tried to remember what the words were exactly. "You said that throwing jinxes and hexes were only a part of it, you liked how the class was interactive when we had great teachers."