xlvi. sorry that i hurt you

Aurora had left her meeting with both the Heads of the Beast and Beings divisions furious

Aurora had left her meeting with both the Heads of the Beast and Beings divisions furious. When she had started speaking, the pair had blatantly ignored her and spoke over her, discussing what they were going to have for dinner that night, neither of them noticing when she had stopped. Aurora had to restrain herself to not knock their hot drinks into their laps.

When they had realised she was no longer talking they had proceeded to stand up from their seats and telling her that it was pointless to argue for werewolf rights as they were never going to be improved. She had then thanked them for wasting her time and as she was leaving she 'accidentally' bumped into them, spilling their hot drinks all over themselves. At least she had done something productive in an hour, she had told herself as she was moving to find Lois' workspace as it was in the same department.

"Hello." She grinned at her sister once she found her office.

"Rory!" Lois returned the grin but then it dropped off her face as it turned into a mixture of panic and confusion. "What are you doing here?"

Aurora stared at her sister, also confused. "I just had a meeting...I told you about it."

"No, you didn't."

"Oh." She must have forgotten to tell her. "Why do you look panicked, though?" She asked as she pulled out a chair on the other side of the desk. She watched with amusement how her twin's expression changed as she attempted to school her features.

"No reason." Lois smiled. "Who was your meeting with?"

Aurora noticed how she was changing the subject, but she was still feeling small amounts of rage from her meeting, so she let it slide. "With these stuck-up, entitled dicks."

"That could be anyone." She said.

"It could." Aurora grinned again, enjoying how she was irritating her sister. "But if you want to spot them, they have coffee stains on their shirts."

Lois' eyebrows shot up in disbelief. "You didn't?" Aurora knew she was asking if she was the one who spilt it on them, technically, it wasn't her.

"They tripped." She shrugged in a 'what can you do' kind of way. "Anyway, what are you doing for lunch?"

The panic crossed her sister's face again, only serving to increase Aurora's curiosity. "You should go home for lunch." She suggested, but sounded much more like she was demanding.

"You don't enjoy my company?" Aurora pretended as if she was hurt, hand resting over her heart.

"No! No. Of course I enjoy your company, it's just...er...I'm going out for lunch with Sirius?" Lois phrased it as a question, as if she wasn't too sure on what she was doing.

"And that," Aurora gestured to Lois. "Is why you wouldn't have made a good actor." An easy smile spread on her face whilst watching narrow her eyes at her jokingly.