xx. left a permanent mark

"Hi

"Hi...Peter?" Aurora had answered the door early the next morning, only because it seemed that no one else had heard it, and it was disturbing her sleep. "Why are you here at 8 in the morning, on a Saturday?"

Peter sent her a sheepish smile and walked through the door when Aurora opened it a bit more, gesturing for him to come in. "Emmeline left early this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep. And I figured I'd come over here since James is usually awake..." He trailed off.

Aurora laughed lightly. "No, he's not today. What's Emmeline doing?"

Peter walked with her into the kitchen. "She's gone out with Hestia and some other friends."

"What on earth could they be doing at 8 in the bloody morning on a Saturday?" She asked, already making coffee; she was going to need it if she was to stay awake.

"I have no clue." Peter shrugged and sat down on one of the bar stools.

As they both waited for her coffee, an uncomfortable silence settled between them.

"Uh, do you...want to play a game of cards?" She asked, having no idea what to do. "Or we could... I don't know, drink?"

"Why would we drink?" He asked.

"Peter, again, it's 8 in the morning. On a Saturday. And I'm really not going to lie, this is kind of awkward."

"I guess we could play a card game." He laughed, obviously agreeing with her. "Maybe try and avoid the early drinking."

"Great," She smiled. "What games do you know?" Peter's face went a shade of red, embarrassed. "You don't know any card games! Did Remus not teach you any?"

"Uhh, he did," He quickly defended his friend. "We just haven't played any recently...and I've forgotten?"

"Okay," Aurora said skeptically. "I'll teach you how to play a game."

And that's how James had found them. Aurora and Peter had chosen to play a simple game of Go Fish. They had moved to the dining room table to give them more space, as Peter had so many cards in his hands.

"What are you doing?" James asked.

"I'm teaching Peter a card game." She stated, finding a pair of sixes in her hand and placing down on the table.

"Oh! I want to join!" He said bouncing in his seat with too much enthusiasm for 9am—in Aurora's opinion.

"Careful mate, she's good." Peter warned his friend.

"Nah," James brushed the warning off. "I'll destroy her."

"You don't even know how to play." She told him as she sipped on her second coffee of the day.

"Then I will learn," He said, like it was the simplest explanation. "And then I will destroy you and your family."

"Careful James. Sirius is a part of my family now, and you consider him to be a part of yours,"