xii. wherever you stray (i follow)

Aurora had been trying to calm down her nerves for days now, but every time she thinks of going over to the Potters', they just increase

Aurora had been trying to calm down her nerves for days now, but every time she thinks of going over to the Potters', they just increase. Benjy had told her to suck it up and go, but Aurora did not want to do that. And there was no way she was going to do what Benjy told her.

She sat down on the floor, staring at the letter as if they were having a contest for who couldn't blink for the longest. Sadly, she lost, but that didn't stop her from glaring at the paper wishing it burst into flames.

"I'm going crazy," Aurora said, running her hand through her hair. "I'm having a staring competition with a piece of paper... and now I'm talking to myself," She huffed, looking around the room for a jumper she could put on.

When she found the jumper, she decided that was it. She had to go and talk to Remus, as much as she didn't want to.

Before she left, Aurora quickly found a piece of paper and left a note for Benjy telling her where she went if she wasn't back yet.

Benjy was currently at his job in the Ministry, whereas Aurora did not have one. She couldn't find anything that she wanted to do, but she knew that she would have to find something soon.

Aurora left her and Benjy's apartment to apparate to the Potters'.

Not a moment later, she was back in front of the house that was becoming annoyingly familiar, and knocking on the front door. At this point she thinks that they might as well give her a key.

Lois answered the door for her, and instead of making small talk, told her right away that Remus was in his room upstairs. What Lois had forgotten to mention, was which room was his. So Aurora wasted nearly 10 minutes looking into rooms trying to find the werewolf.

"So this is where Remus Lupin resides," She said, once she found the boy in his room, the door open, lying on his bed.

Remus looked up from the book he was currently reading, and saw Aurora leaning against the open doorway. People really needed to stop doing that. "Hi," He said quietly, if it wasn't for her small wave in response, he wouldn't have been sure if he even said it.

"You wrote to me," Aurora said, moving further into the room. "Mind if I sit?" She pointed towards the chair at his desk and Remus nodded. She pulled the chair out from under the desk and turned it around to face him.

"I did write," Remus said, and sat up, pressing his back against the headboard. "Three days ago,"

"And I received it. Three days ago," She added, copying him.

"Then why are you only here now?" Aurora shrugged, and moved her gaze away from him, and over to his desk. On it, she saw a black covered book, that looked just like her journal. Instinctually, she reached forward and picked up the book, flipping through the pages.

"Why do you have my journal?" She asked, turning her face towards him.

Remus' eyes flicked between her and the book in her hands, a flush of red spreading to his cheeks. "You left it here," Aurora raised an eyebrow. She knew that she didn't leave it here. "You left it in the kitchen. I was going to give it back to you when you came next,"

"Okay...," And then Aurora remembered some of the pages were of Remus, and a blush identical to Remus' flooded her face. "You didn't look through it, did you?"

"I-," Remus looked away, not sure if he should tell the truth or not. "I did," He decided to tell the truth. "But I didn't look further than April 17th 1975,"

Immediately, Aurora flipped the page to that date, and found the first painting of Remus. "Oh,"

"Yeah," Remus rubbed the back of his neck nervously, completely unsure of what her reaction would be.

"Why didn't you go any further?"

"I just- I realised that I was probably invading your privacy,"

Aurora grinned at him, and chucked the book towards him. "Flip to the next page," And so he did. On the page dated April 18th 1975, was a picture of Filch dancing with his cat.

The blush that had died down from his face, came back at full force. "Oh," He repeated.

Aurora stood up, and walked towards him, sitting down on the edge of the bed. She picked the book up out of his hands, and shut it, so he wouldn't be able to see any further. Tossing the book back and forth in her hands, Aurora felt like it was as good as time as any to address what had happened the other day. "I'm sorry," She mumbled, half of her not wanting to apologise to Remus, and the other half feeling desperate to apologise.

"For what?" Remus asked, confused with why she would apologise.

"For screaming at you the other day," Aurora looked up, and locked eyes with the boy.

"You- you don't have to apologise for that," He said, and now she was the confused one. "It's not like you lied, is it?" Aurora didn't know what to answer. She knew what she had said was right, but she didn't want to gloat it.

"Still, I'm sorry," She shrugged. Both of them now feeling awkward, avoided eye contact with the other. "Lois and Sirius' wedding is next week," Aurora settled on saying.

Remus grinned at the mention of two of his best friends. "Yeah, Lois is driving Sirius crazy. She doesn't have any plans on what she wants it to be like,"

Aurora laughed. "That does sound like Lois. Can't make her mind up on something important for the life of her,"

"Should I be expecting the same from you?" He asked.

"Oh no," She joked. "I have had my wedding to you planned out for years,"

"I knew behind that hatred you lusted after me," He grinned at her.

"Shut up Lupin,"

Remus stared at the girl in front of him. Her hair was thrown back into a messy low bun, pieces of hair having fallen out, now framing her face. Her dark brown eyes narrowed their gaze at him, and he realised that he had been staring. "Would you take my last name?" He blurted out. If he was honest, he had been wondering about it. All of his friends were either already married, or were previously dating before they had to be married, so he had no idea how the marriage between him and Aurora would work.

"You haven't even proposed yet!" Aurora fake gasped.

"No, I'm serious. Would you?"

"Is this like, you asking me to take it, or wondering if I will?"

"Wondering if you will," He chose.

"Well," She thought for a moment. "My surname, Sullivan, it was chosen by both my mum and dad, signifying a new start for them. My mother's away from all that pureblood crap, and my father's away from Russia. But I don't know... Aurora Lupin has a nice ring to it," She jokingly grinned, but Remus gave her a pointed look. "I don't know," She sighed. "Would you even want me to?"

Remus was taken back by the question. Did he want her to? He wasn't even sure. "I don't know,"

Aurora looked at the wall for a minute, before turning around to look at him. "We're great at making decisions,"

Remus chuckled. "At least we're talking about it, instead of screaming at or ignoring each other," Aurora jokingly glared at him and then picked up a pillow and chucked it at his head. "Hey!"

When Remus removed the pillow from his head, he was met with Aurora looking at him, a smile on her face. And Remus thought for a moment, that maybe, just maybe, things would be alright.

AN

Did this take me way too long to write? Yes. 

Thank you for 1K reads!! ily :)