Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight: What It Meant.

Y/n woke up when the sunrays had tickled her face. She let out a soft groan, turning over. Draco smiled and hugged her from behind. " How long have you been awake? " She asked groggily.

" Just a few minutes. " He replied, placing a kiss on her bare shoulder. Y/n sighed, her eyes still closed. She was hoping it was all over and she wasn't dreaming all of this.

" You're not dreaming. " Draco chuckled, making Y/n smile. " I'm glad than. " She muttered, turning over and snuggling deeper in his chest.

There was a knock on the door that made both if them jump. Y/n sighs and pulled the covers all above her head while Draco went to open the door.

" Morning, sweetheart. Brunch is
ready, " Said Narcissa, giving his son a kiss on the cheek, " Is Y/n up? "

Draco smiled softly, " Yeah, she's up. We'll be down in a few. " Narcissa nodded and walked away. Draco closed the door as he heard his Aunt's voice.

" I don't know when she's leaving. " He muttered, making his way back to the bed.

" I don't think anytime soon. " Y/n giggled, pushing off the covers and sitting up.

" Let's go down stairs. Get ready. " He whispered, kissing her cheek and lngering for a second. Y/n recalled kissing him in the Room of Requirements and blushed.

" Y-Yeah. I'll do that now. "

Draco smiled at her tinted cheeks and left her room to get ready in his own.
Y/n took a shower changed into something casual and brushed her hair and teeth. Abandoning make up, she got up and left her room.

Down in the dining area, she found her parents, Bellatrix, Narcissa and Lucius. Draco hadn't arrived yet so she took a seat between two emtpy seats.

" Morning, everyone. "

" Look how happy she looks! " Bellatrix exclaimed, smiling like a mad woman. Y/n smiled at her forcefully. That woman sure knew how to make Y/n uncomfortable.

Draco came down, greeting everyone and sat beside Y/n. As the breakfast was served, everyone ate in silence while Bellatrix informed Voldemort would be coming by tomorrow.

Y/n shared a brief look with Draco.

When the two were dismissed, Y/n quickly made her way to her room. She didn't want to stay alone with Draco because she didn't know what to answer if he asks why she kissed him.

But he kissed her back. Maybe that was adrenaline? She thought and shook her head. She groaned, landing face first on the bed.

Draco leaned by the doorframe, smirking. Y/n didn't like that smirk for the first time. It meant something was coming. " Care to explain, " He stepped in, closing the door behind him, making Y/n nervous.

" Uh, what? " She grinned sheepishly, trying to sit up. Draco beat her to it. He placed a hand over her, almost towering over her. Y/n raised an eyebrow, deciding to play dumb. She was best at it.

" Care to explain what? " She asked, stopping her struggle to get up. Draco shot her a boyish grin, " Reason why you kissed me last night. "

Y/n raised both of her eyebrows, " I did? Must be because I was scared. " She nodded, while Draco's smirk dropped. Y/n looked at him, " What? "

" Nothing. " He said dryly and got up.
Y/n laughed and grabbed his arm. " I was joking. I mean, half. I was scared but that's not the whole reason. "