Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five: The Distance Between Us

Y/n had been nothing but distant after that day and everyone could feel it, see it. Especially Draco. She wasn't as usual smiling around him and only spoke when spoken to.

He was devastated to say the least. And the fact that he was dating Astoria and Snape glaring at him didn't help him much.

With Umbridge on the loose, catching Harry once already, even the situation outside Y/n subject was miserable.

It just hurt. He couldn't describe why it did way more than it should, but he couldn't escape it. Not only him but Y/n was also being distant from everyone. Even Elle.

She'd spend most of time in library or somewhere they didn't know she could be and would come for only meals and head straight to bed. Astoria seemed very pleased and Elle had a doubt it was her doing.

Y/n was once again, sitting across Draco, poking her food. Draco glanced at her, worried. He has had enough of her being distant. And he needed to clear it out.

" You're supposed to eat it. " He said softly, causing Y/n to look up. " Yeah. " She replied, taking a bite even if she wasn't hungry. She didn't have the mood to anymore.

When she was done with breakfast, she got up and started leaving the Great Hall. " That's it. I'm going to go talk to her! " He rubbed his face before standing up.

" But babe~"

" Shut up! " Elle snapped and Draco followed Y/n. He realised she's going to the Room of Requirements. " N/n! " He called as they reached the door.

Y/n whipped around, surprised. " Draco. What's up? " She asked, stepping inside the room. Draco rolled his eyes and closed the door behind his back, leaning against it.

" Can you tell me what's wrong? " He asked, finding Y/n looking everywhere but him." I don't know what you're talking about. "

" Don't give me that bullshit! You're being distant and everyone can see it! " He snapped, causing Y/n to jump. She looked at him surprised.

What was she supposed to answer? Well, I'm sorry I was just scared you'd eventually leave and I wanted to save myself from the pain? That would be too dramatic, she thought.

Draco looked at her lost expression and sighed. Taking two long steps, he pulled her in a hug. Y/n went still for a second, before she felt all her walls crumbling down.

That's what Draco did to her. He always found a way to get in even if she doesn't allow him to and it was scaring her now more than ever.

" Please tell me! " He whispered, hugging her tighter. He could feel his shirt was soaking but he couldn't care less. Y/n was crying and he didn't know the reason. It had never happened before.

" I was scared. " She whispered, her hands shaking as she comtemplated whether to hug back or not. " You don't have to push me away. "

A sob escaped her lips as she wrapped her shaky arms around his middle, Draco sighing. " I'm sorry. Is it something I did? "

" N-No. I just thought maybe it wouldn't hurt if I leave myself rather than watch you walk away. "

" I've told you before, I'm not going anywhere. If it's because of me dating Aastoria than why didn't you tell me? You know you're the most important to me. " He wiped away her tears, that didn't stop at all.

" It was just scary. Mother and father don't write to me anymore. I'd be all alone-" Draco shook his head. His heart clenched at her pain and vulnerability. He knew how much Y/n's parents meant to her but they never cared.