Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty: The Train Ride.

" Come on. " Y/n sighed and made her way to the Slytherin part, finding the compartment with her friends quite easily. Faking a smile, she settled by the window and Draco slid beside her.

Nobody dared to ask them how was summer? Like they usually did. Knowing it must've been hell with the havoc.

" I wonder what Dumbledore will do to keep the castle safe! " Elle says, breaking the silence.

" Aurors everywhere, probably! " Pansy shrugged and Blaine nodded. " Agreed. He'd do that. "

There was a sudden blast and black smoke filled throughout the compartment. There were a few yelps and short screams. Draco grabbed Y/n's hand out of instincts, looking around.

" What was that? Blaise? " Draco made sure Y/n was there before standing up.
" Probably just firsties messing around, Draco. Sit down. "

Pansy replied, Draco nodding. He sat back beside Y/n and scoffed.
" Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school. I'd pitch myself off of the Astronomy Tower if I had to continue for another two years. "

Y/n sighed. She knew he didn't believe it. It was a complete lie, but Draco was angry and sad over all, he'd say anything he'd think of. She opted to rub small soothing circles on his knuckles.

" What's that supposed to mean? " Pansy asked, confused. " Let's just say I'm not gonna waste my time in Charms class next year. " Y/n gave his hand a squeeze.

Blaise chuckled saltily and Draco raised an eyebrow. " Amused, Blaise? Let's see who laughs in the end. " Said Draco with a harsh tone. " Relax. "

Y/n stood up and grabbed her bag, she stopped for a moment. " Spying isn't good, Potter. " She muttered, taking out her bag and leaving the compartment.

She stepped in the bathroom stalls and quickly changed into her uniform, putting in the prefect badge for formality. She couldn't care about it anymore.

Correcting her hair, she stepped out of the bathroom and started making her way back. As she was nearing, her arm was gripped and she was pulled into the compartment.

A yelp escaped her lips as the door got locked. She whipped around, her wand already out and pointed at the person's neck. " What the hell, Camper? " She spat, anger rising in her veins.

The boy raised his hands in the air, not surprised at all. " What do you mean? I was just wanting to have a talk. " Y/n pushed the wand harder, making the boy hiss.

" Don't mess with me, Camper. " She seethed, grabbing his collar and pushing him away from the door. As she went to unlock it, Lucas grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer, smirking.

" Fiesty. See why I like you? " He gave her a crooked smile. Y/n glared at him before yanking off her arm out of his grip before storming out of the compartment.

Trying to calm her hard breathing, she corrected her crumbled robes and walked in, sitting beside Draco, who was now also in his uniform.

" What took you so long? " Elle whispered, sitting on her other side.
" Camper. I'll tell you later. "

While the ride was over, Y/n stood up and looked over at Draco. " I'll be right behind. " He replied, not moving from his seat.

Y/n frowned but nodded, leaving the train with others. " What did he do? " Elle asked and Y/n huffed. " Grabbed me in a compartment, that's all. "

" He's been bolder, hasn't he? He needs to he shown in his place. " Theo says and Y/n nodded. " Won't leave him next time. I was this close to hexing him. "