Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Occlumency

When Y/n woke up with an acheing hand and hunger, she looked at the blonde sleeping peacefully beside her.

Her eyes ran through every detail of his face. She couldn't help but admire it. He looked peaceful and angelic. His hair were messy, which made her push away the strands on his forehead.

She sighed, wishing there was an escape. Now that her mind was working, she recalled the little moment they had last night. Her heart skipped a beat at the thought and Y/n cursed.

This was not the time.

" Morning. " She smiled weakly.
" Morning. " She whispered, her hand hovering over his cheek. Realising she's been staring, Y/n took off her hand slowly and decides to get up.

" Stay. " Draco whispered, pulling her back down. Y/n smiled, pressing her back against his chest while Draco placed his forehead on her shoulder. " I want to escape. "

" Me too, " She mumbled, " But I don't think we have a choice. " Draco hummed. The two stayed in silence, just enjoying each other's presence and warmth.

She didn't know if she should be happy or sad. Perhaps in between. There was a knock on the door, before any of them could get up, Narcissa entered with a smile.

Draco quickly let go of Y/n, who giggled slightly at his red cheeks before sitting up and smiling at Narcissa. " Breakfast is ready. You two haven't eaten anything since lunch yesterday. "

" We'll be there. " Y/n nodded and Narcissa nodded, leaving. " What was that? " She chuckled, looking at Draco. The blonde scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, " I thought it was Aunt Bella. "

Y/n nodded and got off the bed. She left for her room and quickly took a shower, not wanting to look at her arm and changed into another sun dress.

She wanted to wear long sleeves, to hide it but she also knew how proud Bellatrix was of this mark. And Y/n wanted to stay on her good side for heaven's sake.

When she got downstairs, Draco was already there. " Morning. " She said to no one in particular and sat beside Draco, hearing choruses of whishes back.

As the breakfast was served, Y/n could feel someone trying to enter her mind, and she knew just who it was, but she was glad she could block her thoughts easily.

She kept her head down and ate her toast. The only sound was of forks and clatter of the marble plates. And occasionly, glasses clinking to the table. It was awkward and tensed. And Y/n was dying to escape it already.

After the breakfast, thankfully, Bellatrix had to leave to make sure of something she didn't tell. Just as she disappeared, everyone took a breath of relief. " Is it normal she's trying to get inside
my head? "

" Very normal. " Draco replied, causing Y/n smile weakly. " Did you let her? " Narcissa asked, worried. " No, I managed. "

" Let's call Severus. You two need to learn Occlumency and Legillimency. " Aria says and Narcissa nodded. Both
Y/n and Draco shared a look before agreeing to it.

They had no choice, once again.

That afternoon, Aria and Narcissa left too, leaving only Draco and Y/n. She sighed and followed Draco to his room, having nothing to do.

" I'm not very happy letting someone into my thoughts, " She grimaced,
" Even if it's Snape. " Draco chuckled slightly and nodded. He wouldn't want to either.

Both settled on the bed, Y/n letting her head fall on his shoulder while Draco held her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers.

Y/n didn't want to think. Because she felt lonely when ever she started thinking, than it'd lead to overthinking and she didn't want that right now.

She instead focused on Draco's thumb that was running circles on her knuckles. She relaxed in the touch.
" Everything changed. "

Y/n had never felt so much hatred for anyone in her life as much as she did towards her father. She didn't know why he took the job if he couldn't do it. He ruined her life. And same goes to Lucius.

" I didn't hear you scream yesterday... " Draco asked, giving her hand a squeeze.
" I didn't want you to. It was painful to hear you. "

Y/n had known Draco was blaming himself that she got the mark and she knew he'd be miserable if he heard her scream, in pain and agony. She couldn't do that to him, she didn't want to.

She was just glad she had Draco, knowing she was being selfish, but she couldn't help it. She needed him with her, she needed all of him for herself. And the thought scared her, that if she made a mistake, she knew she had to pay, and to what content, she didn't know.

Draco glanced at the noirette, examining her features, trying to read her emotions. He was glad she did something so he couldn't hear her scream, because he didn't know if he could handle it.

He leaned in and kissed her head, knowing she'll be there with him. He was hopeless, but Y/n was keeping him grounded and sane. He didn't know what he could've been if he was alone in this.

Y/n clutched on his arm, smiling to herself. It was the second time Draco was annoyed. There was another knock in the door, making Y/n giggle. She stood up and opened the door.

" Severus is here. You two want to
talk? " Y/n looked at Draco before the two nodded and followed her mother. They walked down the hallway and reached library.

Draco hated that place. He had many bad memories with his father. Stepping in reluctantly, he closed the door behind him as Aria left.

" Do you two know what Occlumency is? " Snape earned a nod from both the teens. " Very well. Who's first? "

--

Neither Y/n not Draco were expecting the lessons to be that exhausting. Snape wasn't easy on them and it mentally tiring.

Y/n had never been that embarrassed in her life. There was nothing specific, but most of it was her time with Draco which she didn't want Snape or anyone to know.

He'd give her a small smirk everytime, making her even more annoyed. But she was also happy she was already getting thr hang of it. She was managing to block him out halfway while Draco was excelling.

After the dinner, the two lazily made their way to Draco's room and fell on the bed, exhausted. Draco turned to face the girl.

" I hated that! "

" Agreed. He was smirking all the way. "
Y/n laughed lightly, facing Draco. " Ugh.. Can't wait for tomorrow! " She said sarcastically, adding an eye roll which made Draco smile.

Y/n eventually fell asleep, talking while Draco stared at her.

End

Words Count: 1149