{Deleted Scenes: Hostage Situation}

⚠️Warning: Chapter contains scenes depicting assault, and mentions of violence against women & children. If affected, please read chapter with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

1999》

*Mallory*

"Yeah, its a slow night, I might even clock out early, maybe in like an hour or two, I'll let you know," I told Nikki on the phone as I stood by the phone, looking down at my watch.

"Alright, cool. Guys finished early, so I picked up the kids early from Sharise's, now they just had dinner, twins had their bottles, burped and new diapers, now I'm just trying to get the three little munchkins to bed. Sesame Street ain't cutting it anymore, apparently," Nikki sighed in defeat.

I laughed. "Try reading them a story, that usually works, too," I said.

He chuckled as he then went quiet. "... How are you doing, really?"

I sighed and pursed my lips.

Its been almost 2 months since I miscarried again. Nikki and I have tried to move on, since we never really got to know what we were having.

Even though it's not our first time, it still hurts.... We had our hopes up after having the other kids, and I guess for once I even forgot about my condition....

Nikki and I had made the decision then on to wait a good while before we ever decide again, or to just keep things as they are, too.

I had decided once I was feeling better to just go back to work and try to keep my mind off of this.

"I'm coping.... You know after Razzle Jr. and Angel I'd thought I would have been used to this, but I guess after the twins I just got my hopes up," I sighed sadly.

"That's not your fault... It was probably not time for another baby yet, that's all..... Maybe one day we can try again and it'll all work out," Nikki said. "For now, we got more than enough time to enjoy the kids we already have while remembering the baby..."

"You're right... I'm happy with how things are and if we are meant to have another kid then it'll happen," I said.

"Yeah," He said.

"Daddy!" I hear Ava call in the background. "I tiwsty...!"

"Duty calls. See you soon," He said with a soft chuckle. "Ava, say good night to Mommy."

"Good 'ight, Momma," Ava babbled into the phone

"Good night, my little Princess," I smiled. "Mommy loves you so much!"

"I wuv yew too!" she said, making my heart melt as then Nikki spoke.

"See you at home, baby. Love you," he said.

"I love you too, honey," I smiled as we hung up and I headed to the reception desk.

"Ugh, its so boring tonight, " Holly groaned as Kathy finished signing some papers. "There's barely even much people here."

"I guess the maniacs decided to have a night off," I chuckled.

"You mean your boys decided to have a night off," Kathy joked.

I chuckled. "Well, Nikki's on dad mode, the guys are also with their kids as well, so no Saturday night chaos tonight," I chuckled.

She laughed. "How is he with the kids?"