{Chapter Two}

*Nikki*

This girl is pretty cool. Kind of sucked how she was living at first.

Shit job. Shit home. No family.

I guess we have a lot in common.

I offered her to live with me and Tommy so she won't have to worry about rent so much, and she agreed. She's also thinking working at a local club nearby as an exotic dancer or waitress, since she's worked at a few of them before during college before dropping out.

She does have a great body, but for some reason I felt a bit upset with the idea.

I only just met this girl more than a week ago, though... Why am I always worrying about her like that? What she works as shouldn't even be my concern. I have to focus on getting this band together.

Though of course, I'm glad Mallory, or Mal as I call her (Tommy calls her MJ), is around to help out while she looks for work.

"Woah woah woah," I said as I stopped everyone, the music coming to a halt.

"What the fuck, dude? That's not what I showed you, man," I said.

Right now we were practicing with the guitar play who was auditioning, but part of me thinks he's not gonna make it work.

"Yeah, I know, but its not like anything I ever played before, man," he argued.

I sighed. "That's the fucking point, man... Let's take a break."

I put my bass aside as Mallory got up, tossing me a beer.

"Well I could..." the guy said as we left.

"Tommy, outside," I said, having Tommy follow as the three of us stood outside.

"Well... He has a rhythm," she said as she lit her cigarette, then handed Tommy the lighter to light his.

Tommy shrugged and nodded before looking at me.

"I'm just not feeling it, man," I said. "I can't put my--"

"Well, look, MJ has a point. He's a rhythm guy. We'll sound better when we have a lead," Tommy assured.

"He has a point. You're still waiting on that 'loud, rude aggressive lead guitarist' you called?" She chuckled.

"He should be by soon," I said.

As soon as I said that, a car suddenly pulled up downstairs, blasting loud music as it skid to a stop.

"Holy shit," I said.

"Check this dude out," Tommy chuckled as he pulled his cigarette out his mouth

We watched as a dark haired older guy climbed out of the car and went to get a large amp out but seemed to be having trouble.