{Chapter Fourty-Nine}

⚠️Warning: Scenes depicting drug use/relapse and suicidal tendencies/attempts. Please read with caution if affected.⚠️

~~~~~

*Nikki*

I was discharged about 2 days after Christmas. 

Mallory had stuck by my side ever since.

But why would she? After everything she's been through, I'm surprised after this, she isn't already on her way to New York by now, even if according to Mick she's still waiting on their call, but they should be calling any day now.

I sat on the bed in clothes Tommy bought me, some jeans, my boots, a tshirt and a hoodie, while waiting as Mal finished signing some papers.

Apparently this hospital hasn't exactly updated some of their records in a while, so they still think Mallory and I are married, but right now wasn't exactly the best time to argue about that or anything.

I didn't realize I was staring into space until I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

"Hey hey hey hey hey," Mal's soft voice said as I realized it was just her.

She wore a leather jacket with black shorts with fishnets, black boots, and a Ratt tank top, hair in waves down to her shoulders.

When did she cut it....? How come I never noticed....?

"Its okay... I-It's just me," she said, calming me down.

That's when I realized I had spaced out and let out a deep breath.

"I finished signing the papers... We can go now," she said quietly.

I gulped and nodded as I got up and followed behind her as we walked.

"Nikki...?" she suddenly spoke and I looked up, seeing she had walked a few feet ahead of me.

"U-Umm..." I mumbled as I looked down a little.

Mal gave me a sad look, but what scared me was... It was the same look she gave me before....

The look she gave me when I broke her heart....

She took a deep, shaky breath before slowly walking up and taking my hand in her's.

I was surprised by her actions.

"Let's go home, okay?" she said softly.

Home....

"O-Okay...." I said quietly, holding on to her hand.

She then leads me out of the hospital towards her car.

***

We make it inside and I take a look at the mess inside...

Empty bottles and bags all around, and also empty, used syringes as well, and other stuff.

"S-Sorry....." I mumbled, making Mal look up at me. "It's umm... It's been a while..."

"Umm... Its fine," she said shyly. "You should... You should get some more rest... Doctor's orders..."

I looked up at her. "You should, too..." I said, seeing she looked exhausted. "When was the last time you slept?"

She gulped quietly, looking down. "I... I just wanted to make sure you were okay..."

I frowned and looked down.

"If its okay with you, I can stay the night... Doctor's said its best not to leave you on your own for a while," She said. "O-Or I can call Tommy-"