{Chapter Thirty}

️Warning: Scenes depicting loss of life ahead. If affected, proceed with caution.

~~~~~

*Mallory*

Once we arrived to Los Angeles, Nikki and I took separate cabs home. We didn't say anything at all to each other.

Not a word at the airport, or the 10 hour flight, or even in the immigration line or baggage claim.

Eitherway, what was there to say?

"Thanks," I sighed as I paid and tipped the taxi driver after he helped pull my suicase out if his trunk.

I grabbed my things as he left and headed to the front porch of Vince's house, ringing the doorbell.

I waited a while before Sharise finally opened.

Thank God she looks somewhat rested...

"Hey girl," she smiled softly at me.

I smiled I walked in. "Hey," I said, putting my bag aside as Sharise closed the door and we then quickly pulled each other into a hug.

"I'm really glad you're here," She said.

I gave her a sad smile and held her hands. "You're one of my best friends, you know I'll always look out for you," I said.

She smiled back, looking tired.

"How are you two holding up?" I asked, placing my hand on her bump.

"Hanging in there," she sighed, rubbing her swollen belly. "Officially one month to go since yesterday."

I smiled as we walked to the kitchen. "How's Vince?"

"Um, well, he thinks you hate him," she sighed as we sat down at the dining table.

"What? Of course I don't!" I gasped. "I'm only glad that we didn't lose him either. I was barely even able to pull myself together losing Razzle.... Loosing my best friend, too, I.... I don't think I could have handled that..."

She pursed her lips and nodded. "You're right.... The judge sentenced him to 30 days, but he might serve less if he stays sober and pays some hefty fines..... People are obviously not happy about him getting off like that...." she sighed.

"Right now, we just gotta stand by his side," I said. "I know Tommy and Mick haven't been around much while I was gone with Nikki, for the funeral."

"Ummm... Thing is.... Mick has been trying to heal after what happened to him at the party... He still won't talk about it, but he's shut himself out a bit," Sharise said. "On top of that, his A.S. acted up."

"My god, is he okay?" I asked.

"He is now... Tommy's gone to see him a few times, but he's also met some girl," she sighed. "And you know how he gets."

I sighed and nodded.

"Don't get me wrong, though, Heather is a nice girl," she said. "A lot better than the Bullwinkle, that's for damn sure."

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

She smiled softly. "It's good to see you smile even a little bit again."

I felt my smile fall a little, but still had it as she gripped my hand, and I gripped it back.

"Let me get us something to drink," I said, getting up from my seat, when suddenly, my stomach twisted in pain and I groaned, holding on to my chair.

"Whoa, Mal? Are you okay?" Sharise asked, getting up a little.

"I-I don't know..." I said, then felt something trickle down my leg.