{Chapter Seventy-Seven}

⚠️ Warning: The scenes in this chapter contain scenes depicting tragedy, relapse, slight mention of self harm, and mental illness/self hate. If affected, please read with caution. ⚠️

~~~~~

*Mallory*

It was big news. The world seemed really happy for me and Nikki.

Many of our close friends and other family members congratulated us and we have already even gotten some baby gifts from some people as well.

Its been almost 2 weeks and Nikki and I decided to start plans for the nursery. We picked one of the spare guest rooms for it and decided to go from there and start planning.

"Red?" I asked, looking at the color template card he picked out with me at Home Depot today as I laid in bed.

We picked out a few to debate over, each of us picking our own colors.

"Well, we aren't exactly sure if its a boy or a girl yet," he shrugged, sitting  next to me as the other color cards scattered between us. "Plus, red works for everyone."

"Well, yeah, but it just seems too vibrant for a baby's room... Especially a shade called Red Delicious..." I said, giggling.

"Okay, good point," he said with a small laugh.

"Why not something neutral, like cream or beige? Both work well with either pink or blue," I said, pointing at the soft beige shade I picked out.

He thought about it. "Yeah.... Okay, oh, how about this grey one? Its neutral, too, and if everything is a light color, it can fit great either this pink one or... this blue one here...... See?" he said, getting the light grey, light pink, and light blue templates. "The colors make it all stand out nice."

"Aww yeah, I like that! And we can use the stencils and borders we saw, too," I smiled.

"Yeah," He smiled, collecting the three cards and handing them to me before starting to clean up the other cards. "Alright we got that settled. We can go buy the paint and supplies tomorrow morning."

"Awesome. Let's also stop by and look at some cribs," I smiled as he the colors aside on his nightstand and climbed into bed, kissing each other good night.

He then leaned down and kissed my baby bump, making me giggle before we got settled into bed. Soon, we both dozed off in each other's arms.

***

I groaned as I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen that woke me up .

I shifted in bed as I held my stomach on, and groaned as I held my stomach, sitting up, and that's when I realized the pain was too familiar

No... No, it... It can't be....