Chapter 39 - Mike

Warning: ADHD? (This is not meant to be offensive.)
Third Person POV

"How in heck's name did you get that little ball of ADHD that mesmerized, calm, and interested?" Sniper questions as she stares at Mike and JoJo.

Mike was sat, crisscross, on the ground, while JoJo played with his hair.

"Soft" JoJo mumbles, as he plays with Mike's hair.

Sniper, Mike, Smalls, and Ike chuckle. "He's kinda like a zombie."

"A zombie that likes Mike's apparently soft hair" Smalls adds. Ike nods.

"You've never seen him ask Kath or Sarah if he could play with their hair?" Mike questions. The three Newsies shake their heads. "He loves playing with people's hair, especially when it's soft."

"Well then, you're keeping him entertained for a while" Smalls tells Mike, who shrugs.

"It's a good thing too. I love him so much, but I can't play another game of Uno for a while" Sniper states. The other two Newsies nod.

Mike chuckles. "He loves it."

"Do not disrespect Uno, or the Uno Gods will hunt you down and kill you with Uno" JoJo mumbles, still focused on Mike's hair. Smalls, Sniper, and Ike laugh.

"You heard him, 'don't disrespect Uno'" Ike states, causing him and Smalls to laugh. Sniper and Mike smile.

Mr. Kloppman, Chris, and Jordan come upstairs, confused when they see Mike and JoJo.

They were used to JoJo being a little ball of energy who ran around the house.

"This is quite the surprise" Kloppman states. Mr. Jordan and Chris nod.

"What did you do to JoJo?" Boots questions, coming out of his room with Tommy boy.

"Soft" JoJo mumbles. Smalls, Sniper, Mike, and Ike laugh again.

"He likes playing with people's hair" Mike answers, shrugging.

"He likes Mike's hair cause it's soft. He's been like this for a while" Ike explains. Tommy boy and Boots still look skeptical.

"It's never this easy to entertain JoJo" Tommy boy points out. Mike shrugs.

"Stop moving please" JoJo whispers. Mike chuckles with the others in the room, as he sits still.

"He's so mesmerized" Mr. Jordan points out, smiling.

"Oh yeah, Mr. Chris, how are your 'fierce Brooklynites'?" Ike asks, sarcastically, turning towards him. Chris chuckles.

"Only you, Ike, only you" Chris responds. Ike shrugs.

"I'm surprised Hotshot hasn't taught you a lesson for that" Smalls mumbles. Ike rolls his eyes.

"He's tried, he's failed" Ike responds. The Newsies laugh.

"He remind you of anyone?" Chris asks Kloppman and Jordan, who both nod.

"We had a friend, who's actually the Bronx lodge owner, and him and his soulmate are like Ike and Hotshot" Kloppman explains. The Newsies nod, well, except for Mike, who put a thumbs up cause JoJo still didn't want him to move.

"Fun" Ike states, before turning on his heel, and dramatically exciting the room.

Boots points to Ike, salutes, and then follows Ike out the door, and probably to get ready to go to Brooklyn, if the boys knew them well.

The others in the room laugh.

"Well, we will be downstairs" Mr. Kloppman tells the boys. All of them nod, other than JoJo and Mike.

Soulmates || A Newsies Alternate UniverseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara