accident twenty four: their story

Start from the beginning

Jimin's phone dinged with a text, the sound pulling him back to reality, to the present time where Jungkook was already his.

My hubby: just read your note. Now I know where you sneaked out to.
Sent: 10:12 am

My hubby: waking up next to you is my favourite part of the day too, you know?
Sent: 10:13 am

My hubby: your notes are cute, but you're cuter. I can't wait to see you tomorrow, baby.
Sent: 10:13 am

Jimin read the text with a soft smile, about to reply to his boyfriend when he remembered his mother was right there. Deciding to reply to Jungkook later, he locked his phone and turned to his mother again, who was already giving him a suggestive look.

"I swear, eomma. If you start, I won't tell you the rest of the story!" He warned.

His mother raised her hands up in defence. "Please, go on." She said, gesturing with her hand for Jimin to continue.

"Okay, where was I? Oh! I didn't know then, but there was a misunderstanding, Jungkook thought I liked Yoongi hyung, which is laughable now that I think he has a thing for Taehyungie." He said with a giggle.

"What? Really?" His mother asked, her eyes wide.

Jimin shook his head. "No. I only think so, or maybe I ship it, so that's why I think there's something happening when there's not." He explained, not wanting his mother to jump to conclusions.

"Ship? What's that?" She frowned.

"It's when you want two people to be together, or you like the idea of them being together, whether they actually are or not." Jimin answered.

"Oh. I ship it then!" His mother cutely said, clapping her hands. "Taehyung's bubbly personality suits Yoongi's gloomy one just right!"

"Yes!" Jimin yelled. "That's exactly what I think!" He slapped his thigh.

"Okay, enough 'shipping' go on with the story." She ordered, leaning back and pulling the blanket around her.

"Okay. So, Jungkookie thought I liked someone else, so he started ignoring me, and locking himself up in his room, and I didn't know what I did wrong, so I-" Jimin stopped himself. Embarrassed about what he was about to say, his face was beginning to turn red already. He shook his head, and continued telling his and Jungkook's story. It was his mother he was telling this to, he shouldn't feel embarrassed. "I had a hard time sleeping without him, and on top of that I was really confused and sad, because we were really close, and he started ignoring me all of a sudden, so every night, I went to his room to check if he forgot to lock his door, only to find it locked, until,"

"Until?" His mother urged, her eyes wide, waiting for Jimin to say what happened after.

Jimin looked at his mother, and laughed. "I feel like I'm talking about a k-drama." He giggled.

His mother nudged him with her elbow. "Hey! What's wrong with k-dramas? I watch them all the time." She scolded, and nodded for Jimin to continue.

Laughing again, Jimin continued. "One time, I think it was after a week of me going to his room every night, I just, I had a breakdown, eomma. I stood there in front of his door and poured my heart out. I didn't confess or anything. I just talked about how much I've missed him, and I started crying, and just as I was about to leave," Jimin stopped, teasing his mother a little.