C126. An Impasse

Mo Qianxue shivered momentarily, and her tears welled up. What should she do?

They hadn't obtained the herb yet, and the strange doctor hadn't come back yet.

In an eagerness, Mo Qianxue struggled to get up when the pain in her chest made her gasped heavily with a 'hiss'.

Seeing her getting up, Chuyi hurriedly supported her, "Lady. Don't move. Just let us do if there is anything. Be careful not to tear your wound."

Mo Qianxue tried to get up and found that the wound was on the left side of her body. From the chest to the arm, they hurt badly as long as she used muscles. Hence, she pressed the wound with the right hand and took a glance at Chuyi, "Help me get up."

Chuyi intended to dissuade her but was frozen by Mo Qianxue's chilly eyes, "Yes." Meanwhile, she supported Mo Qianxue with hands to stand up from the bed.

Shiwu blocked before her and asked with concern, "Where are you going, lady? Let me do that for you."

"The study." Mo Qianxue sounded upset.

Shiwu walked on the front to knock the door, saying lady was here, but the room remined silent.

She knocked again.

Ning Shaoqing was in the room, lips pale, trembling violently from coldness, and struggled to gesture Awu, his voice was weak as a mosquito, "Let...her go."

She was hurt already. He didn't want her to be anxious or worry about him.

"Lord." Asan was sad but didn't dare to violate Ning Shaoqing's command, replying loudly, "Lady, lord is sleep now. Lady, take care and go to rest early."

He didn't know when the shadow guard could go back. The cold poison had been triggered. He was afraid lord couldn't endure for a long time.

"Open the door." Mo Qianxue stood in front of the door, her voice faint but with full momentum, "Ning Shaoqing, if you don't open the door, I'll let Chiyi and Shiwu break in."

Ning Shaoqing trembled too fiercely to say a word. Asan was about to open the door when Shiwu had broken in.

Leaning on the couch, Ning Shaoqing looked up at the door. Mo Qianxue over there, hurriedly search for the figure in her heart. The two pairs of eyes collided in the air.

Distress flickered in Ning Shaoqing's eyes when he saw Mo Qianxue's pale face. One of her arm hung on the side, and the other pressed on the left chest. Obviously the injury wasn't too heavy but must be very painful.

If he hadn't made a timely reaction and managed to slightly turned away the sword and drew back the rushing momentum, he was afraid that the stabbing must be fatal.

His heart ached like being squeezed even when he thought about that possible result.

No one knew that the drawn-back internal strength that had flown back and broken through the cold poison that had been sealed up by him and the shadow guard previously. Otherwise, his poison wouldn't have been triggered in advance.

This time the poison broke out more fiercely than ever. He even didn't have the strength to stand up. If he hadn't made the decision to take her back in one breath and if Asan and Awu hadn't transferred authentic qi to him, probably, what she saw now was an ice sculpture.

Nevertheless, he didn't regret.

If time went backwards, he would make the same decision to draw back the horrible momentum. He only regretted that he hadn't been able to do that quicker and had hurt her anyhow.

At the sight of Ning Shaoqing's pale lips, Mo Qianxue confirmed that the cold poison was truly triggered again!

On that night, she had overheard the conversation between him and the shadow guard. It still rang lively in her ear.