C4. Planting Seeds

Mo Qian Xue's reaction to his explanation left Ning Shaoqing feeling very dissatisfied.

Didn't he just try to explain himself?**

What was this woman's problem in the end? She was always angry; couldn't she try being gentle when speaking at least?

He never would've expected that, just because of what he said today, he would suffer many 'kicks' in the future, and will regret his words for many more years to come.

Ning Shaoqing laid down once again next to his wife who monopolized the entire quilt to herself; because he was too embarrassed to pull it back, he could only lie on the cold mattress, humiliated and embarrassed.

After a while the man began to shiver; unexpectedly, the woman beside him sat up and spread the quilt evenly between them.

After seeing her merciful act to blanket him, he dared not move, fearing that a slight disturbance would cause the quilt to disappear.

When Mo Qian Xue saw that he didn't make trouble, she breathed a sigh of relief.

If he was frozen, she would be left alone.

After a long day Mo Qian Xue was really tired. Naturally she was able to fall asleep within a few minutes.

Ning Shaoqing smelled the sweet fragrance emanating from the girl beside him as he listened to her deep, gentle breaths. He could not sleep.

He was just like any other man; although he had never broken his chastity, he was still aware of the matters between men and women. His body began to feel hot and abnormal, but he dared not move. In the stillness of the night, Ning Shaoqing had to bear his burden silently, enduring hard for a while before he was finally able to fall asleep.

On the morning of the second day, Mo Qian Xue helped her husband wash his face, and then prepared breakfast before heading out to Fang Fangzi's house next door.

She wanted to find Sister Fang so she could borrow some seeds; although it was late autumn, there was still time to plant cabbages.

It was a pity that their backyard was merely half an acre.

They didn't have many vegetables in store, but she knew that they couldn't always rely on their students' parents to provide them with vegetables, or even dry food for that matter.

A burly man was cutting firewood at the neighbor's courtyard. Having noticed a movement, the woodcutter turned to see Mo Qian Xue entering their yard. He blushed as he smiled at her shyly.

Fang Fangzi was straightforward in personality; she gestured to introduce the man to Mo Qian Xue, "This is my husband by the way. Since the weather had turned cold, he had been cutting up some firewood for the winter. Younger sister's body isn't very suited for the chore, so I will have him send some over to you."

"Well it seems that I have troubled this son and Sister Fang once again. Thank you brother!" Mo Qian Xue did not put up a false front and had sincerely thanked the well-meaning pair, while Fang Fanzi welcomed Lady Ning into their home.

Such a show of love, she will surely remember it in her heart and will someday repay.

After they exchanged greetings, Mo Qian Xue took a good look at their abode; Fang Fangzi's residence was a typical courtyard where every corner was tidy and clean. She was indeed a diligent woman who could raise a family.

"Sister Ning, you are currently in poor health. My niece can be of help to you if you don't mind." Fang Fangzi welcomed Lady Ning into her house and seated her on a chair before serving her a cup of tea.