C3. Conquering Through the Stomach

Ning Shaoqing was left speechless on his corner as he tried to hold back his anger.

In the past, being an elite and promising Young Master of his generation, he never imagined that such a day would come-a day when his Lady would represent the Lord!

In only one year's time he had fallen into this situation.

He was pierced with a knife without warning, only to discover that he had been plotted by his kind mother, his wise brother, and the fiancé he once trusted....Why?

Just why?......

Hateful! Despicable! Really hate!

"Why do you look angry as if someone had wronged you? You had helped those students as a teacher, so it's only proper for them to repay you. Can we eat a meal by only relying on a scholar's face?**"

Mo Qian Xue awaited his next retort, since she had already prepared many words for rebuttal.

In a glance she could see the Ning Shaoqing's face was sickly pale; his gaze was piercing, and unexpectedly, seemed to carry a hint of displeasure?

No, it was grief and resentment!

Her heart could not help but feel regret.

After all in this dynasty, the husband is the Lord. Also scholars were known to have irritable tempers, so it was a normal reaction for him to have difficulty in accepting her way of thinking. He could only blunder when faced with her different mindset.

It was not a good idea to be angry with him.

Having worked in the mall for many years in her past life, Mo Qian Xue was very used to dealing with irritable customers under pressure. So even though she was a bit reluctant, she stood up and decided to admit her fault,

"I'm sorry, just now I was being impatient...As a woman, I can only ask other villagers to send food to our home, but after doing so for a long time, even if nobody has said anything against it, it's obvious that people must be gossiping behind our backs. Because of such an issue, I was afraid that my husband and I would be given a bad reputation. Today I acted a little boldly; next time I will discuss with the Lord first."

Mo Qian Xue's apology successfully awakened the quiet Ning Shaoqing to the gravity of their current situation.

After listening to her explanation, as he thought about it carefully, what Mo Qian Xue said was true; now that he was married and had a wife, it would be inappropriate to always rely on Sister Fang to send for rice and meals every time.

His wife's gentler approach came so suddenly that he was caught off guard.

Although the lady's temper wasn't very good and didn't follow the rules, she who was straightforward in arguing for herself unexpectedly knew when to retreat. After an awkward silence, Ning Shaoqing finally sighed and replied indifferently, "This time is an exception. You can't do this again next time."

His voice reverberated like a cello.

"I'm surnamed Ning, named Shaoqing. In the future you can call me Xiansheng** instead of 'husband' which is the official title. It's best not to use such a title since this is a rural village.

He had introduced himself and calmly gave advice, meaning that he was willing to get along with her. With this thought Mo Qian Xue finally put her worries down.

If a person treats me with respect, I will also treat them with respect! She breathed a sigh of relief, stepped back, and softly opened, "Of course. Xiansheng, you can go back to sleep while I go to tidy up the house. If you need anything just call for me."