C73. Kick Your Ass

The east of the village sent over mixed sound of gongs and drums, continuous firecrackers, and people talking and laughing...

Then Mo Qianxue recalled that it was the wedding of Li Kaishi and Fang Tanger.

Villagers valued marrying a wife to enjoy a better life. A wife and children and a warm brick bed made a perfect life.

In the month before the Spring Festival, there was at least one lucky day every seven days. Since that two people had committed the shameless thing, certainly it'd be better for them to hold the ceremony as soon as possible in case of new problems propping up unexpectedly.

So, according to sister Fang, the two families had quickly decided the date on that very night.

As expected, Li family didn't prepare much bridal gift while Fang family offered a large amount of dowry. A woman would surely suffer a loss if such a thing happened before marriage. She should feel lucky that she wasn't put into a case and thrown into river.

A few days ago, there were relatives of the two families coming and inviting her to attend the wedding, drink some lucky wine and warm up the site.

She turned them down with the excuse that she was too busy. To her surprise, Fang Taoer's shameless mother showed up at the door and compelled her to attend the wedding and drink some wine.

Mo Qianxue told her that she was too busy to leave the workshop! But the shameless woman lingered at the door and wouldn't leave. Until she heard Mo Qianxue said that sister Fang would bring over the gift-money, she finally left, satisfied and overjoyed.

At the table, only Ning Shaoqing and Mo Qianxue were having the meal. The atmosphere was nice.

When Mo Qianxue cooked, Awu forced into the kitchen and tried to help. As a result, the whole kitchen turned smoky and was almost in fire.

Mo Qianxue had wanted to reprimand him, but at the sight of this dark-faced man standing there with uneasiness and helplessness, her heart was softened, believing he must feel sorry too, so she just drove him out of the kitchen with a gentle voice.

Asan saw Awu was driven out and feared that their lady would think they were useless, so he quickly pulled Awu together to pick up a huge bunch of firewood and took them back.

When it was time for dinner, Mo Qianxue asked them to eat together with her and Ning Shaoqing, but one went to gather water while the other began to sweep the yard with a broom. Though they didn't reply, their bodies seemed to write the sentence that they would never eat with them. Mo Qianxue got it.

Never mind. These ancient men had so many rules and weird habits, so she gave up insisting in order that less trouble would be caused.

She divided the food and preserved some for them in the kitchen before taking out their portion to the living room and serving Ning Shaoqing to have his meal. The so-called serving was accompanying in fact.

Hearing the noise over there, Mo Qianxue asked casually while picking up vegetable to him, "Shaoqing, why don't you attend the wedding?"

"Why? Don't you know?" Ning Shaoqing put down the chopsticks, face cold, as if the mentioning of those two people would disgust him.

With the change of Ning Shaoqing's expression, Mo Qianxue's heart squeezed. She was just trying to find a subject and chitchat with him! But why the topic became those two shameless people?

Alright, alright. Change another one.

Her eyes rolling as thinking, Mo Qianxue coughed a made a laughter, "Earlier today I went to Jian mansion. Jian Qingyou was a really nice person. She was pretty, kind-hearted, and held my hand and gave me a tour to their garden..."