C10. Silver Hairpin

Within Bai Yunju's kitchen, a server tidied up and selected ingredients that Mo Qian Xue had requested.

"Lady, all the ingredients you seek are right here. You may want to be careful since these are all high quality."

Although the server's tone revealed impatience, Mo Qian Xue still showed her a smile of gratitude.

With the help of Sister Fang, Lady Ning was able to prepare four dishes and one soup: these included fishcakes, meatpie, fried lotus root, Qianjiafu stew, and meatball soup.

At this ancient era, fish breeding and poultry raising was not as developed. The recipes that master chefs used with meat were quite primitive, and even meatballs have not yet been invented. Under such circumstances, Mo Qian Xue chose to present these four dishes; they were simple and flavorful, with attractive colors.

While flavor was an important aspect, the appearance was the key to selling. As Mo Qian Xue proceeded to decorate her dishes, Sister Fang's eyes widened in awe. Never in her life had she seen such a beautiful meal, let alone taste.

"Sister Ning, you have quite a skillful hand! These dishes are so attractive and fragrant, just like a painting. My mouth just waters from wanting to try them!"

Although Sister Fang had helped with the preparation, she only aided with mixing and putting together ingredients. She did not have the actual skill to add those final touches.

Even the waiter stared in a stupor at the beautifully prepared dishes.

It's not like he had never seen an attractively laid dish before. It's just that this was the first time he has seen food that was decorated so strangely. And yet the design still made the meal look appetizing.

Mo Qian Xue used a Western style when plating the fresh food and vegetables. It was a modern style of presentation that was usually found in high-end restaurants. Of course they would never have seen this technique.

After their preparation, the dishes were soon sent to the small courtyard, while the women stayed in the kitchen.

A quarter of an hour later, the young serving boy came to the kitchen relaying his master's invitation.

Mo Qian Xue made her way out, but the serving boy stopped Sister Fang in her tracks. "Sister-in-law, please stay. Only your companion was invited to the courtyard."

"Why is that?" Although Sister Fang tried to be polite, she still felt displeased that her friend was left to go alone.

A young wife alone with a young man. If that Qi Gongzi didn't have good intentions, how could she be safe?

Sister Fang hurriedly reached out to Lady Ning.

Mo Qian Xue looked back with calm eyes. She shook her head and said, "Sister Fang it's going to be okay."

Fang Fangzi replied in worry, "Alright then, just call out if anything happens." Lady Ning's seriousness reminded her that Mo Qian Xue's goal was to discuss about business. She let go of Lady Ning's hem, then stared suspiciously at Qi Gongzi who sat under the evergreen tree before heading back in.

When Qi Gongzi saw Mo Qian Xue approach, he put away his fan, sat upright, and gave her a welcoming smile.

Mo Qian Xue bowed in courtesy then swept a glance over the table. Most of the dishes have already been eaten, leaving a few bowls of leftovers. The corner of her lips raised.

I didn't think that this rich young man would eat so much.

When she gave Qi Gongzi a funny look, he didn't feel embarrassed in the least. Instead, he unfurled his fan and laughed gently, "The young lady's craft is very delicious. I've eaten until I was very full. What a talent you have!"