C96. Get Him a Tutor

The Peace Temple wasn't a famous one, with only altogether a dozen nuns. Sister Zhang visited it every year to pray for good health and protection from bodhisattva, so she was quite familiar with the nun head.

When Mo Qianxue received the letter and brought Zhang Tiezhu back to the house, they found the house cleaned up but vacant.

Zhang Tiezhu was too young, and no one told him the filthy staff, so he didn't understand what happened to his family. He only knew that mother had acted differently yesterday in that she hadn't cooked until very late and she hadn't talked but only shed tears and stroked his head.

In the midnight, half-awake he had heard some noise, and mother comforted that father was repairing the broken carriage, and then he fell asleep again.

Mo Qianxue breathed a long sigh. Although she didn't like sister Zhang, Mo Qianxue was clear that the woman was a person who must excel others in every aspect. With what had happened, it would be impossible that she continued to live in the Wang village. She wouldn't even go back to her original family.

Not to mention gossips, only the way the women in the village looked at her would be enough to crash her self-esteem.

For her, there were only two choices. One was to die. The other was to hide in a temple and ignore the world forever.

She didn't want to die because of her son, so she could only choose the latter.

A nice household broke into piece overnight.

Was it sister Zhang's fault? No. She also didn't wish to suffer that kind of disease, which should be a serious sexual frigidity. It wouldn't be easily cured even in modern times.

Was it Zhang Genbao's fault? No. He was a healthy young man who had the need. After years of life without sex, any person couldn't resist it.

Should sister Zhang blame herself? Shouldn't her make the affair known to the villagers? However, even if the village head and elders didn't show up, she would come to Fang Taoer's house. The consequence would likely to be worse.

When things came to this, there was no use in figuring out who should be held accountable.

A tree has skin and human has face! Mo Qianxue understood sister Zhang's choice. Yet, she didn't agree on the values. Everything would be alright. At the worst, she could live alone with her son. Why head for a dead end?

Mo Qianxue took Tiezhu to the Peace Temple.

She could be kind and take care of Zhang Tiezhu, but she wasn't qualified or obliged.

There wasn't a right and proper reason!

She wasn't Virgin Mary!

She wasn't in good terms with sister Zhang. Even if Zhang Tiezhu had no parents, he had uncles and aunts. Even if he had no uncles or aunts, there were the village head and elders to decide who should adopt this boy. It wasn't up to her to put her finger in the situation.

Mo Qianxue believed that sister Zhang only do this to save her face and would be taken back by soft words.

However, when they arrived at the temple, she found she was wrong.

Sister Zhang had already cut off all her hair and was wearing a nun robe. There wasn't a trace of the person she used to be. There wasn't a trace of light in her calm but dismal eyes.

Even when she looked at Zhang Tiezhu, the eyes were the same calm.

"Please take care of Tiezhu for me. I'll pray for you here day and night."