C99. Crush-on of the Ladies

Mo Qianxue greeted him at the gate and ushered him inside, feeling strange. She heard that Su family was based in the capital. Why did he go back home for the New Year?

Mo Qianxue's doubt was also the pain for Alu and Azhao who followed behind their lord. The reason why Lord didn't go back home was because old madam Su set up another blind date for him again.

Since it was New Year, it would be impolite if she didn't detain him for a meal, and besides, he was her business partner.

Moreover, as a foodie, wasn't he coming for a meal by showing up at lunch time?

They exchanged greetings, and Yunyao asked whether to have lunch now. Then, Mo Qianxue invited Su Qi to join them.

"Lord Su Qi, please bear with our humble home dishes."

"Mr. Ning, it's very unobtrusive of you to say so."

Listening to their excessive annoying politeness, Mo Qianxue couldn't help frowning. Why were these two people acting so hypocritical on their first encounter?

Since when Su Qi, the playful dandy, became so pedantic? And since when Ning Shaoqing, an indifferent lord, also became so ceremonious and worldly?

"I'm surnamed Su and named Jinhan, ranked the seventh in our family. Mr. Ning could just call my name."

"I'm Ning Shaoqing, you can call me brother Shaoqing."

"Mr. Ning is elder than man, anyhow I should call you elder brother."

Mo Qianxue was so embarrassed by them and buried herself in rice.

"Elder brother. No, I don't dare to be called that. Why I call you the seventh young lord brother Su. What do you think?"

"No no no, that flatters me. Since you're elder than me, just call me Qi."

"No no no, it's not proper to call your nickname. I think brother Su would be better."

"I'm afraid. Brother Ning, just accept my suggestion."

"..."

Mo Qianxue could no longer bear with them, pointing at the two men with chopsticks, "You're Ning Shaoqing, and you're Su Qi. Whatever you call each other, now eat!"

The fake hypocritical smile froze on their faces, and they began to eat in silence.

Asan, Awu, Alu and Azhao all cast grateful eyes towards Mo Qianxue. They almost got dizzy by their lords' nonstop exchange of courtesies.

During these days, Su Qi had thought it through. He needed something to help him make up his minds as to whether he should give up or go on. Therefore, he was here to check if Mo Qianxue was leading a happy life.

If she was happy, then he wished the best for her and tried his best to help her get the weird doctor.

If she wasn't happy, even to the slightest extend, he would fight for her even though she was already a married woman.

To him, the most insignificant thing was fame. What hard it might bring to marry a married woman?

Although Ning Shaoqing's expression wasn't good, he was pour out vinegars as ever. Since Su Qi entered the gate, he didn't take a direct look at Mo Qianxue.

He could tell that Su Qi was controlling himself and that Su Qi seemed to be making a big decision.

A decision that required his assistance.

After the meal, Su Qi asked Ning Shaoqing for advice in the chess. The two set a chessboard on the root sculpture table in the yard. Mo Qianxue, bored, sat in the study, read a book, and constantly looked out through the window.