{Chapter 30: Terrible Accident}

Chapter Thirty: Terrible Accident

Tessa and I were watching She's The Man on my DVD player. While eating Chinese food.

We ordered a lot. And we're half way done. Sorry guys, girl sleepovers are not about pillow fights.

I haven't had one since I was maybe seven years old.

She was looking down at her phone.
I held her hand. Then gave her a small smile.

"Lars isn't answering my texts or phone calls. And he always answers when it's me." She said sadly.

Then took a bite of her chicken and rice from the Chinese box with her chopsticks.

"Well he probably has baseball. I mean their season is starting real soon." I said shrugging.

Then at two egg rolls at once. What? I love food.

"Yeah okay." She said with her mouth full.

OMG am I that bad with food too? Eh oh well haters gonna hate.

"Um, guys there's beena terrible accident and um dad wants the both of you to come." Dean said with a frown.

Tessa and I were looking at each other. Why does my dad want the both of us to come?

I had to let Dean drive my baby. Because his Comoro won't fit three people.

We got in my car. Tessa and I were in the back. While Dean was in the driver's seat.

"I swear Dean if you ruin my baby I will drive you to the middle of nowhere and leave you." I roared at him.

He just smirked and then started to drive to the hospital.

"I wonder who it is." Tessa said looking at her phone.

I've never seen her this damn serious in her life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arielle. Tessa." My dad said sadly. What happened? Who is it dad? Your scaring me.

Tessa was looking at him anxiously. Oh gosh. Please don't make it be Kasden!!!
If it's a motorcycle accident I swear I'm going to scream my damn lungs out.

"Who is it dad?" I asked impatiently. Also while preparing myself.

Tessa was biting her nails. The poor thing is going to break once we find out who it is.

"It's Larson." My dad said looking down at his name tag.

I looked at Tessa. Her eyes were getting watery.

Then she was on her knees. And started screaming.

I pulled her up and wrapped my arms around her. I can't stand to see my best friend like this.

"NO!!! LARS!!!!!! WHY HIM?!!!!?? CAN I PLEASE SEE HIM MR. MORGAN????" She was hyperventilating.

Dean was rubbing her back. And I leaned my head against her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Tessa. He's on life support right now. And only his family can come see him at the moment. I'm so sorry Tessa." He said pulling her in a hug.

She hugged him back. And then a nurse in a purple nurse suit with puppies on it cleared her throat. And smiled.

"Dr. Morgan. Your needed for Berkley's knee surgery." She said handing him some clipboard.

He nodded then looked at Dean and me.

"Make sure Tessa remains calm you two. It's bad for her to freak out like she is now. " He said pointing at a black haired girl that was pulling her hair out.

Dean pulled her hands away and held her wrists.

"Okay dad, see you later." I said giving him a smile.

He smiled then followed the purple nurse.

"I WANT HIM!!!! I-I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM!!!" She said breathing hard.

I pulled into my embrace. And she was crying on my shoulder.

"Hey, I'll watch her guys. You look like you guys need a nap." A familiar voice said.

The three of us looked at the owner of that voice.

Well I'll be....... It's Nicholas. What's he doing here?

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

I mean seeing your best friend's ex at an unexpected place is weird.

"My cousin got put on life support from a terrible accident. So I just paid him a visit." He said rubbing his hand through his hair.

Then smiled at the three of us. Mostly at Tessa though.

"Who's your cousin?" Dean asked this time.

Yeah, who the hell is your cousin? I'm starting to get worried.

"It's Lars. Tessa I'd figure you'd be the girl he kept talking about." He said smirking at her.

She wiped her eyes. Then sighed and looked at me.

"How bad is he?" She asked hiccuping. I don't think she's ready to find out.
Nicholas sighed then shook his head. And cleared his throat.

"Tessa. I don't think you're ready to hear." He said looking down.

She screamed again.

Then Nicholas pulled her into his embrace.

"I NEED HIM!!!!!! I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE THIS PAIN!!! IT HURTS!!! IT HURTS!!" She said crying into his chest.

Nicholas was rubbing her back and kissing her head.

"Tessa you aren't the only one that is loosing someone." Nicholas said in a broken voice.

I guess they were really close cousins. He did go to our school also. Then he graduated when we were sophomores.

"Come on Arielle. Let's go home." Dean whispered into my ear.

I nodded at him. Then I walked up to Tessa.

"Come on Tessa, my dad will let us know when to see him okay?" I asked her.

She pulled away from Nicholas. And smiled at me. But it was a broken smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got back to my place, Tessa changed into Larson's black high school baseball championship t-shirt. With white Nike Pros.

Then went to lay on my bed. It's 11:11 p.m on a Friday night.

Tessa should be going to bed at 3:00 a.m the next day.

I kissed her forehead. Then grabbed my phone and closed my door.

Once I went in the kitchen, Dean was eating Ramen Noodles.

"How is she?" He asked with his mouth full.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and took a a sip.

"She just went straight to bed. Dean I think Tessa won't be herself for the next few weeks." I said with a sad expression.

Dean then pulled me in his arms. To where I was sitting on his lap.

"She eventually will be. But right now she needs you. Even though she doesn't show it, she will need you. Just be strong." He said then kissed my temple.

I smiled at him. Then put my face into his chest.