You're perfect

-Sorry for the wait. I got a new phone.
-Someone asked for a sad to happy story, where Roman is sad and Virgil helps him, but I was having a bit of trouble, so I reversed the rolls.
-Hope that's okay.
-ALSO they are not sides.
-poorly written.
Tw: self hate, crying

Roman smiled from where he sat on a thrown, watching down on the mortal he had taken a liking to.

Virgil.

Strange name, but that didn't matter.

Roman was fascinated with the mortal. He watched him, a lot. Like, a lot. His father explained to him, that when Roman was younger, a group of people all around the world, was created or born under his properties.

He designed him, made him to look the way he did, sound the way he did. Though, what he said and what he did were Virgil's own choice. Roman couldn't pick names, either. Though, that was okay. He liked Virgil's name.

He admittedly had gotten quite obsessed with Virgil. His brother, Remus, god of destruction, lust, and also holding a part of creativity, made fun of him. A lot.

"You watching your boyfriend again?" Remus teased as he nudged him.

"No! He's not- Remus, go away!" Roman blushed, looking away and crossing his arms. Remus laughed as he sat down.

"Y'know, I found a mortal too. I haven't talked to father yet, but I'm curious if we can meet them. Or if we can like... Date them." Remus hummed. Roman looked over at him, surprised.

"Do you think father would let us?" Remus shrugged.

"I don't know. My question is, would they even want to? They'd have to leave their whole life behind. Come and live up here." Roman nodded.

"You can do what you want with your hearts. Though, it is risky to ask a mortal." A powerful voice said. Both twins looked over, seeing their father.

"But, father, wasn't mother a mortal?" Roman asked. He smiled sadly, nodding.

"She was. You see, when you find a mortal, they must change to become immortal. Your mother chose not to. She didn't want to see her family and friends pass away without her. So we married, and had you two rather quickly. We wanted a family." He smiled.

"Just be careful." He said as he left. Roman and Remus both looked at each other, before Remus hurried out of the room.

Roman smiled as he turned back to Virgil, watching as he sighed and pushed open the door to his apartment. He dropped his bag onto the floor, reluctantly walking to the bathroom.

Virgil turned on the shower, tugging off his hoodie.

Usually, this is wear Roman would leave, as to give him privacy. But, there was something in Virgil's eyes that made him stay.

Virgil stared at his own reflection, eyes scanning down his body.

"Why am I so fucking lanky? So skinny and small. And... Weak." Virgil mumbled, quietly. His voice shook softly.

These... These were not his words, Roman thought. These are some one else's. Why would he believe them?

"Too weak with an ugly body and an ugly smile. Ugly eyes with an even uglier laugh." Virgil hissed, looking down as tears slowly escaped his eyes.

Romans heart broke at the words.

"Why... Why would you...?" Roman whispered, wiping his own tears. Virgil gasped as he looked up, making eye contact with Roman.

"Wha- who are you? How did you get ins here?" He asked, stepping back.

"I'm Roman. I am sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, but I just... Why would you say that?" Roman asked, sniffling. He don't know how he got there, though he wasn't complaining.

"Roman?" Virgil looked at him for a moment. "L-like the god of love, creativity, and music?"

Roman nodded. "Th-then, why are you here?"

"Every god is linked to mortals. Whether because they were made or they are born under our properties, we watch over them." Roman wiped his own tears. "I had been... Watching you for some time now. You're special, Virgil. Why would you say those things about yourself?"

"Because they are true." Virgil scoffed. "You must see it. You're the god of love, you can see that no one would want me!"

"I-i..." Virgil turned off the shower and pushing past Roman.

"I would." Roman whispered. Virgil froze.

"What?"

"I would... We-well, I mean, I do." Roman blushed, clearing his throat. "Sorry, I've never done this."

"That's... Alright. Why would you want me? I-I'm not... Good enough. For anyone."

"Don't say that! You are good enough! More than good enough! You are perfect, Virgil!" Roman yelled, surprising both Virgil and himself.

"I..."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell." Roman muttered. "I love you, Virgil. I know it's strange, but I do. Would you be willing to love me too?"

Virgil's eyes we're wide as he nodded slowly.

"Well, in order to, you'd have to live up there with me. You'd have to leave here and you would be away from your family. You'd become immortal, and have to watch everyone leave while you stay. I understand if that would be too difficult."

"I don't have any family. I'll go." Virgil quickly answered. "You're the only person who's ever loved me. I'll go."

Roman smiled, gently pulling Virgil into a hug.

Once they pulled away from each other, they were back to romans home.

"W-wait, I forgot my hoodie and my makeup! I need that!" Virgil panicked, wrapping his arms around himself.

"You don't need it. You're perfect." Roman smiled.

-PRETEND IT'S GOOD IM SO FUCKKING SORRY
-I don't know what I was doing
-I didnt know how to end it and in the middle I kinda got lost.
-f u c k m e a n d m y s a d l i f e