Protect (part 2)

Sorry for taking so long to get this out!
Mental illness, amiright lol

Im having huge writers block omg
Tw: cursing, yelling, hitting, suggestive comment

Virgil was hanging out in his room when he has a sudden spike if anxiety. It's nothing new, really, but he thought it would be best to check in on Thomas anyway. He sunk out, seeing remus and Thomas talking. He shivered at the tense feeling in the atmosphere.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

The atmosphere shifted, which eased Virgil's anxiety a bit. He decided to stay, just to make sure everything was okay.

He halfheartedly listened to the conversation, only really paying attention when his name was brought up.

"Virgil is literal fucking fear, of course he isn't going to like me."

Virgil froze, breath leaving him as he heard that.

Fear?

Sure, he's afraid of a lot of things now that he's anxiety, but before...

"That's not all that I am, remus. You know that." Virgil glared, crossing his arms.

"My, my, Virgil, no need to get fussy." Remus grinned. "What are you so afraid of?"

"Shut up! I-Im not afraid!"

"There's nothing wrong with being afraid. You of all people should know that."

Virgil gulped, looking up to see Logan sitting at the couch.

He wasn't listening to the conversation anymore, just watching them.

He shook his head, sinking out. Before he did, he noticed that remus was looking at him.

//

"Virgil?"

"Go away."

Remus rolled his eyes, popping into his room.

"I saw that you heard my and Thomas's conversation. You've been weird since then." Remus sat on virgils bed, only to get kicked off.

"Get out, remus!"

"Jeez, you don't have to be so scared, virge. Just tell me." Remus grinned, standing up.

"I'm not fucking scared!" Virgil yelled, sitting up and glaring at him.

"Then tell me what's bothering you!"

"You! You're bothering me!" Virgil stood up, pushing him against the wall.

"Ooh~" Remus smirked at him. "Looks like Mr. Scaredy-pants finally grew a pair. I've always liked it rough and you're already doing a great job at that."

"Shut up! I'm not fucking scared! I'm not! I'm not!" Virgil voice gave out at the end of his sentence. He weakly hit at remus's chest, eyes shut tightly as his breathing shook. "I'm not.. I'm not afraid."

Remus frowned as be gently grabbed Virgil's wrists, who didn't bother to fight from his grasp. "Virgil, it's okay." Remus sat him down on the bed. "What's going on?"

"You- you told Thomas I was fear. You know that isn't true and- and maybe, at one point, it was, but i-im more than that." Virgil sighed shakily. "I know what I do isn't good, but I protect Thomas."

"I... didn't mean it like that. I know you protect Thomas and there isn't anything wrong with being afraid. We've talked about this before."

"I know, b-but... I spent the most part of my life being treated as nothing but fear. And I know I caused a lot of pain before Thomas really started accepting me, but I couldn't.. I couldn't stop it. I couldn't stop trying to prove that I was something more than fear." Virgil picked at his fingers as he spoke, a horrible habit he had that left his fingers raw and bleeding most of the time.

Remus gently took his hand. "I know. We're all a little messed up. You, me, Jan and.." He shook his head, sighing. "Thomas needs us. Even if he doesn't want us. I didn't know you were going to take it so hard."

Virgil nodded, picking at his jeans. "Its fine, I was overreacting."

"You weren't overreacting. I know that you don't like anyone saying that, and I still did. It's okay to be mad." Remus smiled. "Hug?"

Virgil huffed, though nodded.

Remus grinned, pulling him into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry."

"I know. Thanks, Remus."

THIS IS SO BAD OMG I'M SORRY
Anyway
I just needed to get this out, sorry that it's so bad</3
Sigh I have writers block</33