Chapter 6

"A?" My brother asked, swallowing a slowly.

"The fifth and eight blanks." I said, putting the letter in the respective blanks.

He sighed a breath of relief.

"Okay, G?" He asked, a bit more confidently.

"Blanks three and twelve, not bad." I replied, filling in the said blanks with said letter.

Okay. So, being in a new country where I only know family and still having a few days of vacation left, I was bored out of my mind. So here I was, playing hangman with Radhav, having no better option.

"D" he said, coolly and assuredly.

"Nope." I drew the make shift head of the man that was to be hung.

"Hmm. I?"

"Hmm, blanks one, seven and ten."

He got the next three letters wrong, leaving him only with one leg.

I gave him a really easy word. But his lack of knowledge about it kept him in the dark, making double guess himself.

"T?"

"Sixth and ninth blanks" I said, softly giggling to myself about the numbers.

Well, 69 is amusing.

Fine, don't laugh.

"R?"

"Fourth blank. Just two more letters kinna, you can do it!" I encouraged. Poor child was sweating like a pig under stress.

He thought about for a while. His eyebrows were scrunched together in concentration.

"I got it! M." He said as he got up. I slapped myself on my forehead as he started to do something that seemed to be a victory dance.

"Slow down, Hrithik Roshan, you lose." I said as I completed the hanging man's body, giving him the notepad.

He looked shocked and dejected.

"Adi, come quick. I want you to meet some people." Raghav interrupted, looking directly at me.

I got up and followed him, but kissed Raghav on his cheek first.

He led my outside to the patio, where a lot of people stood colourfully dressed.

Though they were dressed differently, they looked coordinated, black being the most common.

My brother was greeting them, standing out with his lack of colour.

"Oh. My. God. I LOVE what you're wearing! The colour, and these pants. And those earings! Oh good Lord! Look at your skin! It's so perfectly tanned. Damn, I'm totes jealous. Oh shit. Dude, your hair is so long!" A girl with wild, blonde came and held me at arms length. Her face was etched with enthusiasm and awe, as if she was witnessing a miracle.

I was wearing a lime green kurti with forest green designs embarked all over it and my mother's old white patiala pants. I wore small jhumkas, as I always did. I was in my comfort clothes, why was she so obsessed?

Someone cleared their throat from behind her, pulling her out of her trance. She let me go, her face flushed of embarrassment.

"I'm Franny Jerome. I'm going to go die in a hole now. Bye." She said as she retreated.

"What? No! Please, Franny, don't." I said, frantic. Why would she say that?

"Umm, okay." She said, freaked by my tone of voice.

"So guys, this is my cousin, Adrika. Adrika, the school dance team and coincidentally my crew." My brother introduced everyone.

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.