Chapter 12

I woke up bright and early, and got that feeling again like I did on Monday. Only it was even better. I did my yoga and took a shower, smiling the whole time. What was wrong with me? That's a rhetorical question.

It's been like this for the past week, and people have started to notice. Arjun, he's a silly boy, and always makes me smile. My face always feels heated around him, and even though I don't really know what's happening, its just absolutely wonderful.

I got ready and took my bag, heading for breakfast.

"Good morning, beautiful." I turned to see Arjun sitting at the dining table, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Well, isn't this a surprise! And morning to you too." I said smiling, taking a bowl of fruit and some toast. I sat opposite to him, and started to eat my breakfast.

"So, I was wondering, are you doing anything tonight?" He asked at I chewed on a piece of apple. I shook my head no, looking at him with curiosity.

"So, I was just wondering, umm, you would like to, well, go out with me?" He asked, mumbling a little. His cheeks we're slightly pink, barely noticeable. I smiled at how cute he was looking at that moment.

Wait. Hold up.

Did he just ask me out?

Play it cool Adrika Hegde!

Breath. Control.

"If you tell me why you're up here so bright and early, I don't see why not." I said, putting another piece of fruit in my mouth. Good going! Achievement unlocked.

"I slept over." He replied, shrugging. My mouth went 'O' in understanding, and I started to nod. I smiled, an innocent one turning mischievous, my mind slowly taking the dirty version of it.

"Oh God! Not like that!" He said, horrified, realising where my imagination was leading me. His face was blushing harder, turning darker and more prominent.

"Sure. I believe you. And I understand, my brother is an attractive person. I'm not judging." I said, my hands up in surrender.

"I am not attracted to him, Adi." He said.

"Uh huh." I said, washing the dishes I used. I heard him get up, and soon he was behind me. He kept his bowl in the sink, then turned me around and held me flush against him.

"Why would I be attracted to him when I'm attracted to you?" He asked, his breath fanning all over my face. I gasped softly, and then looked into his eyes.

"Because you swing both ways?" I asked slowly. His forehead touched mine, and he slowly skimmed his nose along the length of my face, and all the way down to my neck. His hands held my waist, sending a shock through my body. I gasped at the contact and could feel him smile. He kissed my neck, and I couldn't help but shiver.

Is it just me or did it start feeling like an Indian summer?

He continued his assault, teasing and taunting me.

"A-ar-arjun, st-sto-stop." I stammered. He didn't bother, and continued. He kissed my jaw, and I stopped breathing. My hands went to his chest, trying to push him off of me. I succeeded halfway, pushing him off of me. He realized what I was trying to do, and his grip on my tightened, leaving absolutely no space between our bodies.

My aunt called out to us, and he let me go.

"This isn't over." He spoke seductively in my ear. I gulped, desperately needing a glass of water. She came in and asked us if we had breakfast. We both said yes, earning us both a pat on the back. My brother finally arrived and we left for school.