Chapter 17

Monday morning was delightful. No sarcasm intended.

I felt happy, at peace.

After having breakfast with Raghav, we left for school in foi's car, singing along to a few tunes on the radio.

Reaching school, we parted, hugging each other. After yesterday, a new found connection was born between us, beyond the usual sibling thing.

As I walked down the hallway, some girls looked at me with jealousy, and some with approval. I ignored them, having no idea why.

I closed my locker and turned around to see Arjun walking towards me. I smiled automatically, and he smiled back. I could hear a few gasps, and a few whispers. He just smirked.

"Hey, beautiful." He said, leaning against my locker.

"Hey, what's up?" I said, holding my books in my arms.

"Did you notice we're matching?" He asked.

I had worn faded blue jeans, a Batman t-shirt and black converse. He had worn a Batman t-shirt too, with black jeans and vans.

"So? It's cute. We'll take a picture and caption it - 'twinning'." I said, my hands in the air showing him the imaginary title with a distant look. He chuckled, looking at me with a new emotion in his eyes.

The bell rang, signalling that we needed to head over to homeroom for attendance.

"See you later, babe." He said.

We headed to our respective classes after I kissed him on his cheek. He smiled and winked, making a habit out of it.

After homeroom, I sat in my usual seat for the first hour, which was located in the exact middle of the class, waiting for Katrina. We shared English AP, a subject we mutually enjoyed.

She came running in, looking very excited, and sat next to me. A substitute teacher came in soon after, looking very bored, and quite frankly, annoyed.

"Listen up, boys and girls! Your teacher's sick. So you've got the hour free for the rest of the week. Just complete this assignment by next Monday." He said, taping a sheet to the wall, he left, and the class erupted in cheers. I rolled my eyes, and sat where I was.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Mr. Popular are a thing?" She asked.

"Hey Katrina. Yeah, I'm good. All is well as ways." I said, successfully annoying her.

"Oh shut up Addy! Tell me!" She begged.

"Wait, how do you know?" I asked, a little confused.

"It's all over the internet." She exclaimed.

I took my phone out, knowing that no one would care. He had made it official everywhere, posting a picture of us from Saturday. Is that why I got all the looks and stares?

"It happened just day before yesterday." I said, shrugging.

She looked hurt.

"I was going to tell you today! The only people who I thought would know were my brother, Arjun and me! I'm sorry, kitty." I said, using her  nickname. She looked like a cat one day, and I said "ooh kitty". It stuck ever since.

"Ugh! Fine, fine. I forgive you." She huffed, trying to hide a smile.

"Thanks kitty baba! So, what's happening in your world?" I asked.

"Omg! Halloween is finally coming!" Katrina exclaimed. Halloween? Whoa, Halloween! How could I forget?

"This Friday, right?" I asked and she nodded with a huge smile. There was a a mischievous glint in her eyes, and I squinted mine at hers.