Chapter 7

"Hum honge kamyab! Hum honge kamyab! Hum honge kamyab ek din! Oh, hum main hai vishwas, pura hai vishwas, hum honge ek din!" Raghu put his head in his hands, groaning loud in exasperation, while we continued to sing the anthem of inspiration. It was out of tune, yes, but our will to sing it out that loud in a moving car, that too at the peak of traffic, was something else entirely.

"Would you guys shut up!" He finally shouted as we neared a large group of buildings. I put my finger on my lips, mocking him with a fake frown. He slapped his forehead, making me laugh.

"Adi, have fun, okay? Don't hesitate to call! And eat properly! And don't miss classes!" My aunt went on and on with the useless but mandatory advice in Gujarati.

"Okay mami. I will do as you say." I replied with a smile, charming her into silence. She smiled at me and waved goodbye as she left.

We entered and my brother helped me out with all the formalities. He dropped me off at my locker, after giving me a quick tour of how to go where. Quietly humming an old Bollywood song, I kept my books inside and took the ones I needed. I closed my locker and turned around.

"HI! ME KATRINA! I HELP YOU! WELCOME TO REDHILL HIGH!" A girl shouted in my face, waving her hands around in different motions. My free went to my heaving chest, trying to calm down from the sudden shock. Who just comes up to you and starts shouting in your face?

She wasn't very tall, but wore heels that brought her two inches short of my height. Her hair was a light brown, a shade away from being dark blonde. With pretty blue eyes and lots of makeup, she wore what looked like expensive clothes, and carried a designer bag in her hand.

"She's Indian, not deaf, idiot. And I'm pretty sure her English is way better than yours." Someone intervened, talking in a British accent.

I once again turned around to see another girl. She was taller, but still an inch shorter to me. She wore black rimmed glassed, and had obviously dyed her hair black.

"Okay, okay! No need to go all pizzaz on me." The girl named Katrina said. The one with a British accent rolled her eyes, but gave a small smile.

"Hi, I'm Kate, but you can call me Kate." She said, looking at me and smiling properly now.

"I'm Adrika, but you can call me Addy." I replied to both of them, smiling.

Before they could say anything more Franny came is shouting and gave me a hug. She let go of me before I could even process what was happening and hugged the other two.

"I can't believe you found my other crew! This is so amazing! Like some sort of miracle. You're miracle man! The hope for the dance team. Wow. That is just so BOSS!" She said and then squealed in delight.

Even though my brother explained my schedule to me, these three girls made it their day's goal to help me out during the day. I had a pretty advanced schedule, as I liked to challenge myself in terms of education. Yep, you got it! I'm a nerd (round of applause).

My schedule consisted of AP English Language and Composition, PreCalculus, US History, French III, Physics and P.E. and Health.

I actually don't know anything about my schedule, just that my aunt decided that these classes would be good for me.

Soon, lunch came around. I took the lunch that I had packed, which consisted of 4 dosas and a spicy chicken curry. I packed one extra in case my brother wanted to eat my amazing food.

"Um, excuse me? Elementary is that way." A girl said pointing towards the exit. She gave me a fake smile. The cafeteria quieted a little, but the chatter was still existent.