Chapter 14

~Arjun's POV~

So beautiful. I think this time I'm allowed to be selfish. At least, I want to be.

From the time I saw her admiring the posters, I couldn't stop thinking about her. And not just goofing around.

All those girls after her were just a waste of time. How could I even think a fucking lay would help me?

But, I don't deserve her. Sure, girls think I'm "hot" because of my lack of feelings, but only Raghav knows the truth.

"Dude. Stop. I'm not going to hurt you." I said, blocking his path. He was at the of the corridor, and just the second floor window his escape.

"She's going to fucking kill me." He said, exasperation. I knew how much he worshipped his sister. Who wouldn't?

He told me, that when he was 6 and she was 5, she saved his life. She pulled him out of a pool, having learnt swimming at such a small age. Well, she was just smart. It was shallow, and he could have easily got out, but panic and fear got him. He said she didn't remember, and through some way or another has always been his guardian angel.

"Dude, calm down. Why are you so afraid? It's not like she'll actually be able to kill you." I said, making a point.

"Do you remember, when we were eleven and I came back from India with a fracture, I told you it fractured because I beat up a guy who was teasing Adrika?" He asked. I nodded in reply, remembering how cool I thought Raghav was for protecting his sister.

"Yeah, I lied. I did in fact, try to stop a guy from teasing her, but he pushed me down the stairs. She saw what happened, got angry, beat the guy up so bad he had a broken nose and bruises all over his body. I think she even fractured his ribcage. But she didn't stop there, all his friends who encouraged him also got a beaten up. They were all at least fifteen years old. And she was just ten. I think there was a cycle involved. And one of her friends helped. But she did that." He said.

Whoa.

"Calm down. I talked to her. She'll just say some hurtful things. She won't touch you." I assured, putting one arm on his shoulder. He nodded, and together we walked towards the guest room.

We could hear giggling from outside the door. Who the fuck was in there?

Raghav burst in to see her lying on the width of the divan. She was giggling like a five year old, empty tray sitting next to her, and a glass bottle fallen, but not broken.

"What. The. Hell." Raghav said.

Her long legs were up against the wall, skirt bunched up at her waist. It was a thick skirt, and covered what wasn't supposed to be seen. Her cardigan was open, and her cleavage could be seen.

Shit. She looked so hot.

"What happened here?" He asked, hands in his hair, looking confused.

"There was this tray with these brownies that looked so amazing and I ate them 'cause I was so mad but I don't remember why and then there was this bottle with this horribly bitter water and I was so thirsty I drank it and I started feeling funny and SO happy! Yay!" She exclaimed. I smiled, looking at Raghav's horrified expression.

"Get up." He said, now pissed. She looked at the door behind us in concentration, waving her arms around. She looked absolutely adorable.

I took the bottle, and smelt vodka. She drank diluted vodka, I only assumed since she didn't feel the burn going down her throat, with what seemed to be a batch of pot brownies.