Chapter 10

Dedicated to Ulfath09. I appam you basru!!

---

"My louwe!" I said, putting my hands out as if I was going to give her a hug.

"My ginger baby!" Ulfath said.

"Oh, where art thou been? I missed thee oh so much!" I said, wiping a fake stray tear with my index finger.

"Exams ya, what to do?" She said as she also wiped a fake stray tear like in a typical Bollywood movie.

"Ugh mish you so much! You would've liked it here." I said sighing.

"Aha! I knew it! Mujhe pata tha, kuch toh gadbad hai!" She exclaimed. My hand went to my chest as I gasped at her accusation.

"What? Me? What are you saying my louwe?" I asked with my exaggerated shock.

"You. YOU like someone. Don't lie, I know you like the back of my hand. And I'm surprised that this, this, is how I'm getting to know. I hurted now ya, feelings full paining." She said, looking into the distance. Oh my God!

"You too?" I asked, my mouth hanging open.

"Oh how well we know each other!" She said joyously.

"You first!" I said.

"Nuh uh! I found out first. Ha! So tell me babes, who is this mystery man." She said, emphasizing mystery man with her hands.

"Pfft. Lol." I said. I went on to describe Arjun and our date.

"Oh my gerrd! Gurl, you too seski for life!" She said.

"'Nough 'bout me! Who's the lucky guy?" I asked raising my left eyebrow.

"Sameer he is. From the same class. He's a new kid. I'll send a link. Remember that guy we made up? He's like that, but not so much on the sensitivity." Ulfath described. I understood everything she said, even though she said very little.

"Oh oh! Remember that girl?" She asked with her eyebrows raised.

"Yes! What about her?"

"So I was talking amidst a group of fangirling girls who were gushing over, ya know. Then I was like Dave Franco is bae. But then she's all 'I thought you were gay with what's her face' and I just couldn't even. Then, I was all 'First off, she was and still is the most popular girl in school so you should know her name, and secondly, I'm only gay for her' and everyone started saying the same thing and she just walked away." She went on.

"You're gay for me? I'm gay for you too!" I said, faking happy tears.

"You cry too much. But I cry more than you. It's kay. I'll just move to the US, kick your husband out, get married to you and adopt ten children at once." She said.

"I'm totes gay for love now." I said, winking at her.

"Ugh! I get it! You love love!" She exasperated.

"That means I love you." I said with a blank face.

"You better after giving me so many children!" She exclaimed while pointing a finger at me.

We both started laughing. We spoke more, laughing most of the time. At one point we were laughing because we were laughing.

"Ugh I have to go. Bye ginger baby!" She said, and I missed her already.

"Bye Ulfi." The call was cut, and I was just staring at my screensaver. I looked at the clock and it was pretty late.

Time to go to sleep.