Chapter 3

My last month in this amazing country. With so much intelligence, culture and tradition. No more pani puri on the road with my besties, no more ice golas during December, no more erratic Bangalore weather. All will be gone in a months time.

Just one month.

One, damn, freaking, beautiful, emotional, memorable month.

And I will be shipped off to USA.

So I was making the best of it.

"Dee, does this dress make my butt look big? I don't want to get hit on." Lekha asked, as she almost shoved her butt in my face. Who does that?

And also, how can someone find someone's butt attractive? Did they forget that their butt crack is for other purposes??

"Go away, you look sexy as always." I said as I spanked her so she would be respect my personal space with regard to butts.

Well, I didn't actually spank her, I kicked her bum with my leg.

She walked ahead and twirled. She was wearing a baby-pink, knee lenght dress. It was fitted for her body, and the back was entirely lace, cut very deep. At the end of the cut was a bow of the same colour, which was coincidentally right above her butt. It had a sweetheart neckline and was full sleeve.

Ulfath came walking in, wearing a black dress which was a few inches above her knees. By few I mean one. She was tall, and was wearing heels, hence making her legs look too gorgeous to be true.

It was a strapless dress, and had vertical lines in silver. Nothing besides her legs and arms were exposed.

I, on the other hand, didn't have a dress to wear thar was fancy enough for a house. That's right, we were going to a house party, courtesy one of my classmates. Because this was my last month. Or maybe it was because she was going to have a party anyway.

"Aargh! I don't have anything to wear! See! Can't I just wear a fancy anarkali and be all 'yeah! Lets party!'" I declared, as I fell on my bed.

"NO!" Both girls screamed in unison.

"Excuse me? I believe Tara gave you a dress once upon a time. Why don't you just wear that?" Ulfath said as she stood in front of my mirror. Tara, with her twin brother, designed clothes and had a small business (or were trying to). I was their model because I just absolutely adored their clothes. And because I was willing to model for free food. Mostly for the second reason.

"I don't know where I put it. Can I wear shorts and a T-shirt? I bet I have that." I said staring at the two well dressed girls.

"STFU. Lekha, go check her wardrobe. She is bound to have a dress in there." Ulfath ordered. Lek ha saluted her, and marched my wardrobe. While she looked, I put some eyeliner and lip gloss on, waiting for Lekha to find a miracle.

"I FOUND SOMETHING. IT'S SO PRETTY. ADI WEAR THIS." She screamed as she threw cloth at me. I'm only assuming it was a dress.

"Put it on! Come on now!" She said in a mock British accent.

I put the dress on and damn, I looked good. She paired it off with matching wedges and silver accessories. Who knew I had such pretty things to wear.

It was simple, but grand. The cloth was chiffon, giving a very graceful and elegant aura. The colour was dull, but looked super chic. Inside, the dress was lined with satin, giving it a soft shine. It had a deep back, but it only added to the beauty if the dress.

I looked at my friends and back at my dress. I was wearing a freaking dress!

We left to the house party, my two best friends singing lyrics to songs they didn't know. I would join, bit then I don't like making a fool of myself. After all, I'm already a fool.

We entered the house, and a shot of alcohol later, a shot I didn't know in would take, we started to dance. I didn't realize how much I loved EDM until tonight.

The house was buzzing. It was body against body, people chest to chest, dancing like there was no tomorrow. The music was spectacular to my buzzed ears, bringing the night to a whole new level. Iridescent lights gave the whole house a daunting but magical feel. The bass would vibrate through your whole body, giving the experience a new high.

I couldn't hear my own thoughts. I couldn't see through the swarm of people clearly. I felt separated from my body,unable to control myself.

It was suffocating, but at the same time, it felt relieving.

I didn't have to think, I only had to feel.

Every thought flew out if my mind and was replaced with the loud music. The shot's effects wore off soon, but I didn't need more alcohol.

After sometime, I needed air to breath because the suffocation overpowered the relief. I walked outside to the house's small garden, the noise that was meant to be music astray.

I looked at the small roses through the dark, I knelt down to them, touching the soft petals.

"What are you doing out here? I went looking for you through the whole house." I heard someone say behind me. I smiled and turned around to see Rishub.

"It went overboard. I couldn't bare the loud music anymore. Or the bodies. Or the smell. The whole house in short." I said. I got up and he put his hand around my shoulder.

"I'm going to miss your ugly face. Why do you have to go?" He asked and his grip tightened.

"The world works in mysterious ways. Maybe leaving this city will do me some good. Who knows, I might become really famous and all. You might want to take my autograph now itself." I said as I looked at him.

"No need. I'll be more famous." He said as he ruffled my hair.

"I'll miss you and your whore like tendencies too." I mumbled as I hugged him. He hugged me back and sighed, holding on tight.

"Lets go back in." He said and led me back into the house.

We took lots of pictures, thanks to Jai, the only person with a DSLR. I bet he had the time of his life as well, or at least i hoped he did.

After jumping around and declining many offers of one night stands (all the people I knew seemed to have forgotten that I was not that type of a girl), I went back to my house to the comforts of my bed. Soon, I wrapped myself in a cocoon of warmth and fell asleep.

Maybe morning wouldn't be as bad as I expect it to be.