▹ 14 ◃

"oh, hi seungminnie!!" felix approached the said boy, holding jeongin's hand and bouncing his way to him. the two was hanging out in the park, enjoying the beautiful weather.

fresh flowers swayed, being lightly pushed left and right by the calm wind, above them bright sky with fluffy clouds racing with each other. they both loved spring and enjoyed their walks.

they were a little surprised finding seungmin in the park, knowing that the latter wasn't so fond of the season. but that didn't matter, they were happy to see his friend out there.

"hello felix, hi jeongin" seungmin waved to them as they approached him. jeongin flashed a bright smile at the older boy.

he looked around and asked "you're not with hyunjin?"

"no, i'm by myself. why?"

"nothing. i just thought you were with him since you both hang out together so often" jeongin scratched his head. the two boys were basically inseparable, yet seungmin was there by himself.

"oh, okay. i just wanted to have some fresh air, that's all. bothering hyunjin with it wasn't necessary" seungmin answered.

"i bet he'd love it since it's you" jeongin mumbled under his nose, quiet enough for seungmin to not hear it, but loud enough for felix to chuckle about it.

"i thought you didn't like walking only by yourself?" felix interrupted the two.

"that's true, but i walk by myself when i have some stuff on my mind for which i need time"

"is something bothering you?" felix asked, worry echoing in his voice. he put his hands together, hoping that his friend was alright. jeongin did the same, literally pouting so that seungmin would tell them what's the matter.

"it's okay! really, no need to worry guys. i'm feeling a lot better lately" seungmin gave them a petite smile.

felix sighed with relief "that's good. i'm happy!"

"yeah, hyunjin really did help me" seungmin's smile felt warmer as his eyes started twinkling, talking about the boy.

of course his two friends noticed that.

"so you're happy that you can have him around you?" felix's eyes started dissapearing because of his wide smile.

"yeah, i'm thankful to have such friend" seungmin said "of course i'm thankful to have you too, you know-"

jeongin pulled seungmin into a hug and felix joined them when he saw that he hugged the younger back.

seungmin loved how he could feel safe with his friends.

they always had his back.

what did he do to deserve them?

had he ever paid back for what they did and were doing for him?

he wanted to be a person that could carry their burdens. someone who could listen to their deepest worries. someone who will be a kind of their guide light.

but how was he able to do that when he didn't get rid of his own burden, he was the one who needed someone to listen to him and the one who seeked for his light.

"thank you" seungmin whispered so quietly that the boys didn't know if it was meant for them to hear those two words.

"you don't have to thank us, we are your friends after all!" jeongin brightly smiled. seungmin felt better after hearing that.

"do you want to join our walk or.." felix asked, unsure of the answer.

"sure" seungmin replied.

felix nodded and grabbed his hand, guiding both of them to his favorite pancake place.

seungmin felt like old memories started coming up. memories of the moments when the three of them hung out every weekend. they were the youngest from their group, so getting along came naturally.

he missed that.

and he was happy that his old self was coming back to life after such long time.