▹ 2 ◃

seungmin was walking through the busy and noisy corridors of his high school. the grip on his backpack was thight to the point the skin on his hands was turning yellow.

he slowly breathed in order to calm himself down as his therapist told him. there he walked into the classroom where he met familiar sights.

Eyes of the class immediately fixed on him which made his body feel heavy and sink with every single one joining. he couldn't bring himself to make any move, even to walk to his place.

he started panicking as he couldn't find the person he longed for. the worst scenario started fulfilling making his legs feel weak. the stares piercing through him just like they all waited for him to do something.

he didn't recognize anyone in his class. none of his friends was there. did he mistake the classrooms? no, everything was on it's place. then why was no one there yet?

seungmin started panicking, some of the glares dissapeared because of the boredom. his pulse speeding up making him hear his own heartbeat.

"um sorry, could you move? i need to get into the classroom-"

seungmin jumped on his spot when he received a light poke on his arm. he turned around and met a boy with as much surprised expression on his face as his.

"minnie? you came!" the taller boy's lips curved up in a smile along with his eyes. he wanted to hug seungmin but hesitated since he didn't know how the latter would react.

"it's nice to see you hyunjin" seungmin tried to smile at his friend after turning down a hug from him. he looked down forgetting half of the words. he didn't know what to say next as his anxiety almost didn't make him faint on the spot.

"is everything okay?" hyunjin started worrying about the state of the boy in front of him and gently stroked the top of his hand with his palm. he promised himself to be careful with everything he did around him since he know what happened.

hyunjin was the only one who got acquainted with the details of what exactly happened. others only knew it as 'an accident' while in the back of his mind he kept the scenarios of it. just listening to what seungmin saw freaked him out, he couldn't bring himself thinking what did the shorter boy feel at the moment.

it broke his heart.

"hey hyunjin!!" a cheerful voice trying to break through the noisy corridor helped him throw away his worries for a while. hyunjin turned around and saw felix bouncing his way to him and his older sibling following his tracks.

"felix why did hurry so much-" chan huffed while he bumped in his brother who was just a second ago speeding through the hallways. he looked from behind his back to see why did he stop so abruptly.

there he saw hyunjin with seungmin.

the brothers' eyes lighted up as they immediately greeted the boy they had missed so much. it surprised seungmin who thought about a warm welcome as the last thing that would happen.

"hi minnie!!" jeongin hugged seungmin from behind.

"hello innie" the sweet name lost it's sense because of the emotionless voice that seungmin gave to his response. jeongin backed off because it reminded him of the state the boy was in. he hoped that he didn't do anything wrong and that seungmin knew his intentions.

along with the school bell ringing, their ears caught hard stomping on the ground which was getting closer to them. there they saw jisung and minho rushing to them while laughing and pushing each other through the hallway. their faces straightened up when they caught seungmin's stare.

"hi seung!" jisung walked up and flashed his smile at the said boy while minho followed him and did the same.

they decided to go into the classroom since the teacher would come soon. they took their seats and hyunjin took care of their placement as he sat next to seungmin.

before any words could escape his lips, teacher walked into the classroom which made hyunjin turn away and focus on classes. still he was open and ready to help and listen if seungmin asked him about anything.

with a corner of his eye he could catch a glimpse of seungmin laying down on his desk. hyunjin sighed hoping that it wasn't too difficult for the boy to show up.

mr. choi started checking attendance and calling out students. "seo changbin?"

nothing came to his ears and when he was about to tick boy's absence to the classroom bursted none other than the said boy.

"pRESENT" he panted while heavily catching his breath. he made the whole class giggle along with the teacher.

"okay seo changbin present. now please sit down and don't cause mess in the class" mr. choi smirked. he was one of seungmin's favourite teachers since he was a chill person and always willed to help if someone didn't understand something.

changbin took the empty seat next to felix who patiently waited for him. while he was kissing his cheek he saw seungmin in the back of the classroom. with hyunjin.

"seungmin's back?" changbin got confused and asked his boyfriend to be up with everything that was happening.

felix gave him a nod with a smile which made changbin's mouth open widely "HE'S BACK OH MY GOD"

"changbin that's the last warning!" mr. choi frowned at the one who interrupted him. the belated boy apologized and turned to wave to the boy in the back. since seungmin seemed asleep he decided to talk with him on the break.

"kim seungmin?" mr. choi looked around the classroom since he knew that he and changbin were friends and that was probably the reason of the fuss.

"present" seungmin slightly raised his hand already feeling stares sticking to his persona. he breathed heavily as he listened to the calming words of mr. choi

"i hope you feel better now and i ask the other students to make seungmin welcome among us" he looked around his class hoping for any reaction but the teens were far behind being interested in anything that was happening.

when seungmin's name was called the boy could finally collect his thoughts. he sighed quietly and looked as the freshly bloomed flowers on the trees that gently swayed because of the spring wind.

his mind was busy with all the information he had collected. his worries came true as his heart didn't jump as it used to when he saw hyunjin. instead it dropped, dragged down by the worries that he might not be able to feel anything anymore.

still hyunjin's presence affected him in some way since it calmed down his messed up pulse and warmed up the cold air around him. honestly seungmin was far behind confused.

he didn't get the answers he wanted. it upset him in some kind of way so he decided to shake the thoughts off his mind and focus on classes.

the only answers that he was sure about was the ones to the questions in the class.