▹ 21 ◃

"seung- hey seungmin!" jeongin waved his hand in front of the said boy's face. seungmin lifted his eyes and locked them on the hand in front of him.

he was laying on his desk, while the lunch break was passing by.

"aren't you hungry? you've been in the classroom since the beginning of the day-" felix crouched to make seungmin look at him, since the latter wasn't fond of lifting his head up.

"i don't feel like eating anything" the oldest boy stated making the face. felix looked up to jeongin, asking with his eyes for help on how to convince their friend to go and eat- or just go anywhere instead of sitting inside of the stuffy classroom.

jeongin shrugged his arms, having no idea. felix shut his eyelids together, sighing like he was having a headache. seungmin turned his head to the window, laying it on his arms and watched as the petals of flowers on the trees were falling down because of the wind.

it was a beautiful view, but why did it feel so sorrowful for seungmin?

the petals falling down, they resembled his hopes. softly being ripped off the flowers which once blossomed with happiness. but there was one difference.

while the petals fell with such grace, being beautiful as always, seungmin hit the ground with a big force. the hard reality he had to bear with didn't help at all.

"guys really i'm okay, you don't have to look after me so much. if you're hungry or want to go out, then go. i'll just stay here" seungmin said while putting a smile on his lips. too little of feelings put into it, made it not so convincing for the other two boys.

felix looked at the ground, then at seungmin's eyes which took his mind far away already and said "but if anything changed you can still let us or anyone else know, 'kay?"

"sure" said seungmin.

this 'anyone else' sounded too much like hyunjin though.

"jin watch out!" minho exclaimed and starled the poor boy who zoned out a bit. hyunjin overreacted as always, making others giggle.

"you didn't have to hit me with the ball" he mumbled under his nose, picking up the ball.

"you didn't have to space out and stand in the middle like a bowling pin" minho laughed.

"if you don't feel like playing basketball you can tell us" chan let hyunjin know.

"okay then, bye midgets, have fun" hyunjin threw quickly while walking away. he smirked hearing an irritated "yah!" in the back. he approached jisung who was sitting near them and watching as they played.

"you're not playing anymore?" he asked and patted the spot next to him, inviting hyunjin to sit with him.

"yeah, i'm not in the mood to play at the moment. so, what's up?"

"uhh, nothing new.. the same as always" jisung found it a bit hard to talk to hyunjin since the fading, but still present, feeling of guilt made it hard to speak "an.. and you?"

"i- i don't really know. it's okay i guess" hyunjin ducked his lips out and looked into the ground.

jisung didn't have anything to say after that and hyunjin didn't say anything more, so they both sat in the silence filled with the sounds of the spring.

a while later jisung heard a tired sigh and looked at hyunjin "i don't really know what to do. i fought with seungmin and it turned out that he doesn't want to spend time with me anymore"

the taller boy curled up on the grass while jisung felt like the guilt has shot his heart "i- i'm so sorry hyunjin"

"it's okay, don't worry"

"but- uhh, i was the one who told seungmin that you're scared that he's pushing you away" jisung's bottom lip started trembling but he shut both of them together when he met with hyunjin's stare.

"oh so it was you-" hyunjin's eyes dropped.

"I'm truly so so sorry. i didn't mean, seungmin- he- it just happened and i-" jisung tried his best to express what was weighing down on his heart during last few days.

"it's okay jisung. i- actually i should be thankful" hyunjin gave him a painful smile.

"oh? why?" the younger boy was surprised to hear that. he didn't understand why would hyunjin thank him for that.

"he had to know that, but i didn't have the guts to tell him and probably wouldn't. it means that the things could go way worse" hyunjin sighed while he played with the fresh green grass.

"i'd want you guys to be on good terms though.." jisung mumbled.

"i'd want us to be on good terms too" hyunjin chuckled softly "but it doesn't depend on me. seungmin went through a lot of stuff and i don't want to mess up more"

jisung nodded, getting what hyunjin tried to say by that 'actually you messed up his heart a bit already, whether you wanted or no' he closed his eyes and laid himself on the grass.

"i wish you the best though"

"thanks.." the corners of hyunjin's lips slightly curved up.

if only wishes could come true.