▹ 6 ◃

when seungmin was walking out of his house to go to school, he met with a familiar smile which belonged to no one else than hyunjin himself. they said hello to each other and started walking together.

seungmin thought about what hyunjin said to him yesterday. 'all colors of the world'. there was quite a lot to do if he wanted to achieve that.

from now on hyunjin wanted to spend with seungmin as much time as he could, of course only if the other boy was okay with it. they would go together to memorable places.

but what seungmin hoped for the most is that maybe as they both grew closer to each other, the missing feeling would eventually come back. that's one reason why seungmin agreed, the other one was because he missed how their friendship used to be.

their sleepovers, karaoke, gaming evenings, their hangouts with the others. he cherished every single memory of those.

seungmin was going to try his best and not let hyunjin down.

"hAN JISUNG STOP RUNNING RIGHT NOW"

it was the first thing they heard when they walked into the school campus. jisung runned past them with felix right after him.

changbin then walked up to them "you maybe know what happened?"

hyunjin and seungmin shook their heads with visible confusion on their faces. the older boy sighed. "i was walking to school with lixie and then when he saw jisung he started running after him. just like that"

seungmin's eyes widened in surprisement as hyunjin chuckled. they had no idea what happened so the only option they had was to find out by themselves.

"no no no, i am definitely not doing that" jisung tried to keep distance from felix who kept approaching him while holding a folded note in his right hand.

"what do you mean you are not doing that? you lost the bet plus it's for your own good 'cause you are head over heels in love with hi-" felix stated but couldn't end his sentence because jisung covered his mouth when he saw the three boys walking up to them.

"hey lixie what happened?" changbin hugged his boyfriend and started laughing when he noticed jisung's red face.

felix took jisung's palm off his face "if you don't want to say it, then give it to him" he gave the folded paper to him.

"n-no! I'm not doing anything" jisung puffed his cheeks as felix raised an eyebrow "he likes ryujin, i will get rejected so what's the point"

jisung sighed while everyone got confused.

"wait we are talking about minho righ-" felix's mouth got covered once more and jisung looked around in panick.

"since when does minho like girls?" hyunjin chuckled. he wanted to say a but more but didn't want to ruin the surprise.

both boys liked each other since always. still they were oblivious as rocks and never noticed that their feelings were mutual. not much had changed while seungmin was recovering at home.

he used to be in awe how they tried to express their feelings in such ways and still made it not obvious, but if you thought more about it, you'd clearly see their affection. they called their relationship 'friendship' but both weren't so sure about it and wanted it to become something more.

seungmin often found himself comparing their actions with how he was towards hyunjin. it often overlapped but seungmin was really shy about his feelings.

he could think about them for hours, dreamily look at hyunjin but when it came to saying things or acts of affection other than hugs, he would immediately turn red, sheepishly and quickly removing such thoughts from his head.

would he ever be able to feel like that again?

he escaped his thoughts with the arrival of minho with chan and jeongin. jisung literally turned into a block of ice. felix hid the note in the other boy's pocket and turned to changbin leaving him alone with his struggles.

"h-hi minho"

"hey everyone, ji you caught a cold?" minho frowned and tried to check the temperature of jisung's forehead, worrying about him. what he didn't know was that he was the one who caused his red cheeks. hyunjin sighed and walked up to minho.

"hey minho, tell me, what do u think about ryujin?" he asked as he put his arm around minho's shoulders while directly looking at jisung.

"oh shin ryujin? she's a nice friend, why?" minho replied with a confused look.

hyunjin sighed once again and gave a flick on jisung's forehead making changbin and jeongin laugh in the background.

"let's go seungie" he gestured, asking seungmin to follow him to the classroom.

the younger boy obeyed passing by even more confused minho and jisung who was sending hyunjin dead glares.

"do you think they'll end up together someday?" seungmin asked.

"pff of course they are. one day we'll be guests on their wedding" hyunjin smirked as he took his seat in the classroom. seungmin nodded.

this thought could actually be possible if not how they never wanted to admit their feelings. even if their situation was chaotic as hell, seungmin envied them.

their feeling was mutual.

that was something seungmin never had.

yet knowing the risk of the heartbreak he still wanted to get closer to hyunjin.

that clearly showed how important was love for seungmin.