▹ 15 ◃

"..hello? earth to seungmin?" hyunjin stopped talking when he noticed that his friend's mind was far away. he sighed and patted his arm finally receiving some attention.

"if you're bored with the topic you can always tell me seung" hyunjin's hand was still on seungmin's shoulder, gently stroking it.

"no sorry, it's not that. i just drifted away. please continue, i'll make sure to listen closely this time" seungmin gave him an apologetic look and focused on how hyunjin passionately talked about the stuff he loved doing, his memories, funny stories.

but seungmin was still somewhere else.

where?

his mind was constantly busy. he'd been asking himself millions of questions a day. questions about how he used to act around hyunjin, comparing it to his present way of showing affection.

if there only was any affection-

seungmin kept on making hyunjin confused. when everything seemed to be fine, the mood suddenly would get gloomy. seungmin, who not so long ago was almost bringing back his old smile, now kept being absent in this world, his mind constantly running away.

and hyunjin didn't know why.

seungmin wasn't an intuitive person. he was mainly a thinker. he wasn't someone who was fond of making impulsive decisions.

on the other hand, hyunjin only needed a positive thought. an impulse creating a one single thread in a bright color had to catch his eye to follow it. he wouldn't question whether it's logical or not.

that's why seungmin was so curious of hyunjin's mind.

what was the reason that kept him going?

to not look back to the past, overthink every single second.

seungmin envied him.

he was sure that if hyunjin was in a situation like his, he wouldn't hesitate a little bit.

seungmin's head was stuck in a messy cloud. sometimes it wasn't that thick, letting the sun come through. the other time it'd be a rainy one.

lately it's constantly foggy.

seungmin was thinking about how their relationship used to be. how was he acting when he was in love with his friend?

many questions like that continued to tangle in his mind.

he sighed, not being capable of answering even the simplest of them.

hyunjin looked so flawless as always. strands of his hair creating a beautiful mess. a loveable chaos. and that was basically the definition of his persona.

the more seungmin thought about that, the more he was fed up of his own mind. he wanted it to just shut down instead of creating another bunch of 'if' based sentences.

he lost the ability to enjoy the present moment.

instead he locked himself up in his own mind.

hi!!

sorry this chapter is a little shorter, but honestly i'd rather cut it short than talk about and repeat the same thing over and over since i find it pointless.

also i wish y'all a happy new year❤

take care!