Chapter 32

My wide eyes meet his dark and thoughtful ones as I let his question sink in. "Love?"

 He nods. My mind races back to the countless fights and screaming matches. To the days Ji-hoon and I gave up half of our meals so Wanho could have more if he asked. To the days I wondered if my mother would ever come back. I open my mouth to respond but then I'm reminded of the young couple. The one who took us in and gave us a dream. Images flashed by of me sitting next to a dark skinned woman watching her nimble fingers dance across the black and white keys of the piano and of my siblings and I dancing around the shop mics in hand, as we sang to the owners. "Love is complicated." I start. "Growing up, I didn't receive a lot of love and I never had the best example of love. It wasn't until I was a little older that I saw what real love was like. I watched what they had and craved for it."

 It's quiet for a few moments as I let my thoughts sink in. "Everyone finds love eventually. Some sooner than others but everyone eventually does. And it always comes when you least expect it to."

 "You told me that you didn't want to force anyone into an idol relationship but what are your thoughts on love?" I ask.

 "I think love is beautiful. The pure emotions it evokes out of people and the happiness they experience is amazing. But it's all terrifying. The way love can destroy things and break people apart. It's powerful. But I don't hate it. One day I just hope to experience the joys of love for myself."

 I nod smiling at the sincere response staring at his side profile as he messes with something off screen. "Admiring the view?" He questions with a smirk.

 I scowl. "Shut up Min Yoongi"

 He places a hand on his heart in mock hurt. "Not the full name."

 I roll my eyes, not able to stay mad at him. "Hey Moon."

 I turn back to him and see him with a small smile due to the limited space with his face mask. "Thank you for being such a good friend to the boys and I. It's hard to find one of those in our line of work."

 My heart thumps in my chest. "I could say the same to you all. The others feel the same. It's been the 5 of us for a long time before we met you all."

 We smiled at each other before I let out a small laugh. "Also. Nice," I squint. "Duck?"

 His smile drops and he scowls. "Shut up."

~-~

 "Get up."

 I'm awoken from my sleep by Jiwoo ripping the blankets off me. Still half asleep, I turn over and give her a glare. Squinting at my watch I read the time. '8:30 am October 9th' "What the hell do you want from me?" I grumbled.

 "I'm redeeming my birthday gift." She states

---

 "Happy birthday Ji!"

 She laughs covering her mouth. "Thank you. You guys didn't need to wish me anything." She says to the 7 faces on the phone.

 "Of course we did Noona!" Jimin states.

 "Our gifts will be a little late, sorry." Hobi jumps in with a small smile.

 She waves him off. "I'm just flattered you got me something. You didn't need to."

 We spend the next twenty minutes doing gifts. Finishing off the night with gift cards, new outfits and a new phone case, I hand her my card. She reads it over a big smile growing on her face. "Since they all got you the material gifts you wanted, I wanted to be different."

 She tilted her head in confusion as I continued. "So instead, I thought my gift to you would be me. Doesn't matter when or where, if you want me for something I'll be there for you to do what you need me to do."

---

 "8:30 in the morning?" I grumbled as she tugged at my arm.

 "You said, anytime, anywhere." She groaned.

 I let out a huff standing up which caused her to stumble backwards. "Alright I'm up. Give me a half hour. I'm going to shower."

 "Why are you so tired? You went to bed at like 9." She questions.

 I'm thankful my back is turned as my face heats up. In a way she's correct. I went to bed at 9. I didn't go to sleep until 2 due to the fact Yoongi called around 11 while I was watching Netflix. "Had a hard time falling asleep. I'll be good once I get some caffeine."

 She nods as I head into the bathroom scrunching my nose at my appearance before stepping into the hot shower. With a quick wash of my body and hair, I step back into my room with two French braids and a towel around my body as I step into my closet. I slip on some underwear before stepping into a pair of black ripped jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I place a black baseball hat on my head and lace up my black doc martens.

 Satisfied with my all black outfit, I nod and make my way downstairs.

Heyo! It's me again. And I'm officially on break! Hopefully this means I'll be able to get more chapters written... hehe. anyways, I don't really have much to say today. Tae's birthday is soon so make sure you know his birthday goals!! Stay safe everyone!

 Tae's birthday is soon so make sure you know his birthday goals!! Stay safe everyone!