Chapter 1

April 29,2017

Lights flashed as I stepped out of the car. Blinking a few times, I flashed a smile waving at the camera's that momentarily blinded my vision. Brushing off the nonexistent dust off my long black skirt I walked across the red carpet stopping every once in a while, my black clutch gripped tightly in my left hand as I waved at fans who were standing outside. Following the people ushering people around, I find myself in front of a familiar face. "Andre!" I cheer and smile at the interviewer.

He smiles as I approach giving me a quick hug. "Moon! It's good to see you back at the BBMA's this year."

I nod. "Well I'm glad I was invited back."

He nodded as well. "Rumor has it not only are you nominated for a few awards this year, you're also performing again?"

I nod, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Yup! Due to the set list the last few years and the fact I didn't have much new music out I was unable to perform. I was happy they contacted me and asked me to perform this year."

He nods again. "Speaking of music you have a new single that came out at the beginning of the year. Were you expecting such a positive response from it?"

I laugh feeling my face flush slightly. "If I'm being honest, not really. I was giving small hits about the new song late last year and I knew my fans were looking forward to it. I was actually quite nervous since this song was something new to me and I wasn't sure if my fans were gonna like it since it's a sound I've never produced before. But they really liked it and I gained a lot of fans from it which was very surprising to me." I let out a nervous laugh playing with the bracelets of my wrist.

"It was quite the popular song! It stayed on the Billboard hot 100 and 200 top 5 list for a few weeks."

I blush nodding. He asks a few more questions before ending with a common one. "Before you go, is there anyone here you would like to meet specifically? We have a few new faces this year."

A wide smile takes over my features. "BTS. It's their first time here at the BBMA's and that makes me a very proud ARMY to know that they're here and nominated for an award. I would love to meet them but I know they'll be surrounded by people wanting to talk to them."

He smiles, raising an eyebrow. "ARMY? I'm assuming that's their fan name." I nod. "How long have you been a fan?"

"Since their debut 4 years ago. Two of the members are from my hometown in Korea and two members are from the underground rap scene which my older brother is really into." I smile thinking back to how big the boys have gotten so quickly.

"Sounds like you support them very much! I hope you get to meet them tonight and good luck!"

I nod with a smile. "Thank you Andre. It's always a pleasure."

I give one last wave before moving on not before a familiar group of 7 boys having their own interview catches my eye. A small smile takes over my features as I watch them for a moment before moving on.

~-~

"There you are! Took you long enough! Did you find them? Did you talk to them? How did they look?" I was bombarded with questions by my overactive best friend.

I laugh placing a hand on her shoulder. "Calm down Jiwoo. Yes I found them. No, I didn't talk to them. And they look good as always."

"You didn't talk to them? Why not?" My other best friend pops up next to me.

I roll my eyes linking arms with the both of them making my way to our seats. "I told you. They'll probably be overwhelmed tonight. They don't need me or you guys adding to that. There will be other opportunities. I'm sure of it."