Down the Rabbit Hole

After spending a couple of minutes in the dark corridor, Kokichi already had thoughts on turning back. Their footsteps echoed against the damp walls and drips would fall on their heads from time to time. The flashlight from the phone shone a bright light, but it wasn't bright enough to shine away Kokichi's dread.

The grape looked up at the boy detective only to see his stoic expression.

"How are you so calm?" Kokichi pouted.

"When you investigate a lot of creepy places I guess you just get used to it." Shuichi's face flushed a pale shade of pink as if he was ashamed of what he said, "But I'm surprised you're not."

"Not what?"

"Calm."

"I AM CALM-" Kokichi panicked as he latched on harder to the detective's arm, "Why would I not be calm?!"

Shuichi chuckled and put a hand on the short boy's head, he patted it, sending waves of comfort through Kokichi, "I thought a supreme leader would be braver than this. N-Not saying you're n-not brave I just-" The blue-haired boy cut himself off before he could make a fool of himself.

"You're so cute Shumai~" Kokichi cooed leaning on the detective's arm. Shuichi awkwardly laughed, blush rose upon his face as he looked at the corridor floor.

Suddenly the flashlight of the bluenet's phone caught a glimpse of something that wasn't just the black walls of the corridor. A wisp of white flashed by the light, surprising the detective and the supreme leader. The light moved and caught sight of the white wisp again, only this time it wasn't a white wisp.

At the far end of the corridor, stood a pale, skinny, male with unnaturally white hair, "Who a-!" The detective shouted, only to feel a hand on his lips. The short grape looked at the detective with pleading eyes, dread seeming to loom over him.

"Shumai... Something's wrong." Kokichi's voice cracked.

Shuichi glanced from his companion to the pale man. "He might know where Y/N is." The detective whispered.

"Then let's go!" The prune boy shouted, demeanour completely changing from his previous dreaded state. The purple-haired boy dragged the detective down the corridor at full speed, leaving the detective stumbling behind.

Nagito was walking down the corridors earlier, Maki had put him on the look-out. When the blinding light hit his pupils in the dark corridor, he immediately recognized the duo. The infamous supreme leader dragged the detective behind him running at full speed at the albino.

Nagito's eyes widened as he ran to the left corridor, the two followed. Nagito ran with all his might with his feeble legs, only to be sent toppling over. He fell to the ground with a heavyweight on his back. He strained his neck and caught sight of the small boy standing with one foot on his back, keeping him down.

"I've caught the criminal!" Kokichi shouted with pride.

"Says the criminal." Shuichi mumbled out of breath, the detective made his way to the two boys after Kokichi ran at a speed sonic couldn't even reach, "You can take your foot off now." Shuichi sighed.

Kokichi pouted but reluctantly got off the poor man. Nagito flipped over and stared at the duo, "What amazing speed you have! You caught me in no time!"

"Huh-?"

"You are both truly amazing! Almost up to the standards to be candidates for the title of ultimate hope!" Nagito got to his feet and dusted off his strange outfit. "But I'm sure you're here for the hostage?" The albino smirked.

"Hostage!?" Shuichi and Kokichi shouted in unison.

Before the albino could answer the question, "Hey Nagito where are you? Maki..." A man with long hair walked through another corridor, catching sight of the three of them.

"Hinata-kun!" Nagito exclaimed with joy as he ran up to give the other man a hug. The man swiftly dodged and walked towards the detective and supreme leader.

"What did Nagito tell you?" The so-called Hinata asked.

"W-Where is Y/N?" Shuichi responded.

"I told them they're our hostage so-"

"So that you'd give them despair so that they'd have more hope and yada yada yada... moving on, they're not our hostage." He sighed.

"We should go to a better place to talk, your phone's going to die eventually."

Kokichi and Shuichi glanced at each other and nodded at Hinata's suggestion. The four of them made their ways down the many corridors, footsteps echoing and water dripping. Nagito and Hinata whispered to each other which made Shuichi feel quite awkward.

"So Nagito, what's with the chain on your neck? You into some kinky shit or...?"

"Kokichi!"

"That is... quite the question."

"I'm reaaaaaaally curious though!"

Nagito smiled, "It's so wonderful to know that people are curious in trash like me."

Hinata smacked him upside the head, "Stop calling yourself trash." Hinata scolded while Nagito groaned.

The four of them made their way towards a room lit by a fireplace, muffled chatter was heard, catching the detective's curiosity.

"Let them kidnap me."

"What!?"

"It'll be a lot more helpful if I know what they want from me, and I still need you to cover as the 'Famous assassin hired by the Yakuza'."

Shuichi's eyes widened as he heard the familiar voices. As he walked into the room, his eyes immediately landed on them.

"Y/N?!"

"Shuichi?!"

"What are you doing here!?" They shouted in unison.

* * *

After a long while of explaining to each other, they all were caught up.

"So you're going to let him kidnap you?" Shuichi scratched his chin.

"That's the plan."

"Damn, I didn't know you were so brave N/N. But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Kokichi asked, poking at the taller person's cheek.

"Since he wants to kidnap me, he probably wants something from me. I doubt he'll lay a finger on me, plus he's like, how tall? I can probably outrun his tiny legs any time!" Y/N grinned in pride.

Both Shuichi and Kokichi felt uneasy about this plan, they shared nervous glances, but turned and nodded, trusting the H/Cet's intuition.

"Don't worry, if anything happens, I won't let anyone hurt my friend," Maki growled.

"Rich coming from you," Hajime mumbled. Maki shot him a glare and a clear chill shot down his spine.

The discussion continued on, clearing any lingering doubts, and any other concerns. Finally, they were ready, Maki tied their wrists together, and Hajime, Maki and Y/N left down the passageway.

Shuichi, Kokichi and Nagito stayed behind. They all looked at each other and sighed, "It's been so long since I've been away from Hinata-Kun." Nagito stared at his palm in pity.

"Oh! So that's the person who *does* the kinky shit to you!"

"Sadly Hinata-Kun never is in the mood."

"He w-was right!?"