Hot Milk

Shuichi's hand dragged from the top to the bottom of the page, analyzing every word carefully. The lamp's rays were dim so he squinted his eyes. His phone buzzed.

Y/N L/N:

"I've found an important clue, do you want to meet at (cafe) tomorrow at 7?"

1:36 AM

Shuichi Saihara:

"Sounds good"

1:37 AM

He put his phone back on the table and leaned back, hand running through his navy locks. He sighed. The most recent murder case had put the detective on edge, it had been 3 days and they haven't found the killer.

The bluenette's coworker had been helping him a lot with the case, even though they weren't supposed to. They had their own cases to worry about, but Shuichi was still grateful.

Shuichi woke up the next morning. His neck ached from his bad posture. He got up from the chair and got ready to start the day.

* * *

Y/N stared out the window taking sips from their coffee as they waited. The sun was shining but they're mood didn't match the weather. The bags under their eyes had gotten as dark as the night sky.

"You look... tired," Shuichi said as he sat down.

"I could say the same for you." Y/N said pointing to his messy hair.

"Ah! I forgot to brush it this morning." Shuichi scrambled to flatten his hair. Y/N chuckled and threw him his iconic detective hat.

"The brat stole that from your house again." Y/N sighed.

"How does Kokichi keep getting in?" Shuichi groaned as he put his hat on.

"You know him, small, sneaky, a little bitch." Y/N rested their head on their hands, "He never shuts up. It's the third night in a row that he brought his goons at 3 AM! 3 FUCKING AM!" They groaned.

Y/N sips their coffee angrily and Shuichi chuckled.

"So, what's the new clue?"

"Ah, right." Y/N straightened up.

"I overheard Kokichi's organization talking about the Kuzuryu clan."

"You mean D.I.C.E. is in contact with the Yakuza?"

"Yep, and just like we suspected, the clan was holding the victim's mother hostage."

Shuichi takes in the new information, "Why would D.I.C.E. be in contact with them?"

"My guess is as good as yours, the only thing I know is that they aren't on good terms with each other." Y/N finishes their coffee.

"What makes you say that?"

"Kokichi's toilet papering their base right now." Y/N chuckles and calls for the bill.

"Oh."

"Sadly my account alone can't prove that the Kuzuryu clan's behind this murder."

Y/N stood up and motioned Shuichi to follow. They made their way to the police station talking over the case to each other. "Can't we just show them the toilet-papered base?"

"I would, but Panta boy won't tell me his whereabouts."

"Ah, makes sense."

The duo arrived at the police station and went their separate ways, working on their own cases.

After the long day at work, the sun was setting and both Shuichi and Y/N left the station together.

"Heyyyyyyyyy Shumai~!"