Surprise Visit

A sudden noise awoke Y/N that morning. Their eyes blinked open and the sun rays hit their face through the cracks in the blinds. Kokichi was resting soundly in their arms. Y/N sat up and looked around for where the noise came from.

They stretched out their body and got off the bed. Y/N grabbed their phone and checked the time; 6:37. Y/N looked at their notifications and noticed a message from Shuichi.

Shuichi Saihara:

"I think I found proof the Yakuza did it. I hope it's alright but I'm going to head over to your place at 6:30."

6:02 AM

Y/N blinked in confusion. Their eyes widened. They rushed to their dresser and got dressed behind the dressing screen. Once they finished they rushed out of the room, only to see a very red Shuichi in front of the door.

"Oh- h-hey Shuichi!" Y/N greeted.

Shuichi seemed too embarrassed to speak. Y/N waited there awkwardly for him to go back to his calm state.

After a while, Shuichi was still a stuttering mess but he could speak, "I-I d-didn't know y-you and Kokichi w-were dating-"

Y/N was taken aback, "Where did you get that idea?!"

"I a-arrived at y-your apartment a-and waited f-for you, b-but I n-needed to use the b-bathroom, and s-so while t-trying to find the b-bathroom I accidentally opened your r-room door, a-and y-you two w-were cuddling- I'msorryI'mintrudingI'llleavenow-"

"Hey! Wait-" Shuichi ran out and the door slammed shut in Y/N's face.

Y/N sighed, even though this means Shuichi will think Y/N is dating the brat, they couldn't help but think the detective was cute right then. "KOKICHI GET UP WE HAVE A PROBLEM."

"Nnnngggg five more minutes mom!" Kokichi said in his sleep. Y/N marched over and ripped the blanket off of him. The short boy's eyes shot open, "HEY WHAT THE FUCK!?" Kokichi immediately tried to attack Y/N, Y/N just put her palm on his forehead, restricting him from moving any closer.

"STUPID SHORT ARMS-"

"Now's not the time for that! Shuichi thinks we're dating!"

"EW!"

* * *

His hands were covering his face as Shuichi ran away in embarrassment. But mixed in with his embarrassment was frustration and jealousy. Frustrated that he didn't realize it sooner, and jealousy of Kokichi.

Shuichi ran all the way to the police station without even a glance backwards. He ran to his office and shut the door behind him. He leaned on the door and slid down onto the floor. His hands were on his face as if they were super-glued to his rosy cheeks.

Shuichi thought over the situation, again and again, realizing that it wasn't that weird for the two to be dating. 'Y/N always complained about him, sure, but they knew each other so well.'

The detective rose off the floor and plopped back down at his desk, doing paperwork, and also reviewing the case. The bluenette had found a clue to the murder, and all that was left to do was to look at it. But Shuichi isn't in the right state of mind to do so.

Knock knock knock

"Ah! Come in!" Shuichi straightened up.

"Mr. Saihara, have you found the culprit of the case?" Kirigiri entered the room.

"M-Mrs. Kirigiri! I b-believe I have! J-Just a moment!" The bluenette stuttered while scrambling to grab his papers. Once he finally grabbed his papers he straightened up.