Hou Mengshu nodded his head at that, a kind look in his eyes.

"Here, Qianchi, step forward." Tian Sichan called.

Fei Qianchi tilted his head, but he stepped forward without questioning anything. His steps were very light. Although 16, his body was taller and stronger than others his age. Not to mention, even his features were refined.

Tian Sichan rubbed his storage ring, a ripple was felt in the air as a sword appeared, floating in the air.

Fei Qianchi stared at the sword. The sword was beautiful, a white sword entangled with blue running through it. There was a red line running on the scabbard of the sword, a jadeite imbedded on the handle of the sword.

"I searched a long time before finding a sword that would suit your ice roots. This sword has some backstory so I had to fight against the other elders before I could take the sword." Tian Sichan explained. "I believe this is the sword that the previous ruler, Chu Fengzhuang used when defeating the demonic cultivators. After he sacrificed himself, his sword was able to survive and was sealed behind in the abandoned ruins deep within Henhe forest."

Fei Qianchi, having heard the backstory behind this sword, had worry within his eyes. "Will the sword allow me to become its wielder?"

"I also don't know. Chu Fengzhuang's sword was said to be a strong sword with a will of its own. It's said that many cultivators have fought to take this sword but was unable to circulate their Qi into the sword. But, there is something special about you. I believe that it will allow you a chance." Tian Sichan replied.

Fei Qianchi stared at the sword that floated in the air before him. He could see it, the blue light that was glowing off of the sword. He took a step forward, his heart beating hard against his chest. Suddenly, the sword vibrated.

Zhang Bingmei flew back, her robes being hit with a harsh gust of wind, even Hou Mengshu had to back up. Only Tian Sichan was still standing in the same spot, as if unharmed by the Qi the sword was suddenly radiating.

Fei Qianchi discovered that he was unharmed. Without hesitating anymore, Fei Qianchi's pale hand stretched out to the sword, gently holding the handle of the sword.

The sword pulsed under his hand, a bright light shining from the light with another Qi attack.

Zhang Bingmei blocked her eyes from the light as Hou Mengshu hurried to her and fought off the attack of Qi from attacking her. He looked at Tian Sichan, who stood without a change on his face.

Fei Qianchi felt a warm current from his hand, discovering that the sword was already gulping his Qi, accepting it without pushing him away. A smile spread on his face as he looked up at Tian Sichan.

Tian Sichan nodded his head, "Give the sword a name. From here on, this sword will belong to you and only you. In life and death, the sword will follow you. Shall you ever die, the sword will follow. Unless the sword is too strong and can survive the severing of your connection, it will shatter with your death."

Fei Qianchi held the sword in his hand, going through a few names. Finally, he held the sword tightly, feeling it pulse under his hand and he opened his mouth, "Baihe, white river is the name that I will give my sword." Fei Qianchi smiled brightly as he said this, and in turn, the sword gave out one bright flash.

"Baihe, a good name that suits you too." Tian Sichan nodded, his peach blossom eyes curved with a smile on his lips. "Mengshu and Bingmei, return back first. The two of you still need to cultivate diligently if you two are to participate in the yearly sect competition"

"Yes, Master." Unfortunately, Hou Mengshu and Zhang Bingmei could only leave. Zhang Bingmei turned around, giving one final wink towards Fei Qianchi as she left the hall.