7.24

In the year of 231 B.C., during the Mo Dynasty, in the third month when Spring arrived, Prince Yue, Mo Shenrong, the third prince of the late Emperor and Noble Consort Qi Huaqing, rebelled against Emperor Mo Chouyi, son of the Empress Dowager, Bai Suixin.

As soon as Spring arrived in the nation of Mo, Mo Shenrong rebelled, taking more than one-third of all the ministers and generals to his side, waging war against Mo Chouyi. Along with these minsters and generals, Mo Shenrong had won the favor of the Fox Demons, who bowed down and followed his bidding, using their powers to creat ruins for Mo Chouyi as he fought to reclaim control of the nation.

In the fourth month, Qi Fei, Qi Meizhen tried to poison Mo Chouyi and Empress Hui Yin, succeeding in taking down the Empress, but was ultimately thrown into prison. Mian Fei, Mian Huaran's child resulted in a stillborn, an effect from the poisoning of Qi Fei.

General Tang Qingshan was in the middle of this war and along by his side, the Royal Strategist, Qi Longhai had returned to help Mo Chouyi win this war and settle down the rebellion.

Unfortunately, even with Tang Qingshan and Qi Longhai, fighting against the fox demons were not an easy feat.

By Mo Shenrong's side, he had five fox demons leading his soldiers, creatures with great power and bewitchment, able to easily defeat Mo Chouyi's soldiers. Hong Daiyu and Lu Yingyue, two of the leading fox demons of Mo Shenrong's troops, easily defeated Tang Qingshan's soldiers, resulting in Mo Chouyi's side taking a step back.

The Mo Nation suffered through a time of rebellion and wars, two different sides fighting against one another.

"Hahahah! Oh, Mo Chou, you were fooled." Within the prison, a woman hung onto the wall, her skin filled with red scars, craziness within her eyes, her clothes in tatters.

Standing outside of the prison, Mo Chou looked coldly within. "Meizhen, you are to die soon. No matter what, you will have to confess sooner or later." His face was pale.

From inside the prison, Qi Meizhen smiled wickedly, "The truth?! Oh, but the truth is just too unbearable for someone like you! Dying will bring me peace, having already seen that cursed woman laying so weakly in her palace!" Her wrists clattered, the chains rattling loudly as she moved her arms, her eyes flickering dangerously.

"Your children are bearing the weight of your sins. At least let them know what you have done before you die." Mo Chou calmly explained, blue eyes looking forward.

Qi Meizhen paused for a second, grunting. Rolling her eyes, she finally mumbled. "Where to start? Ah, let us start off with that Mian wretch! That bit*h, having acted so haughtily before me, now look at her fate. Her son had long since died in her womb. Funny thing is, Mo Chou, that child was truly yours. Why would Yue Junwang even think about sleeping with that hag when he has a perfectly beautiful woman by his side, currently helping him rebel? But, watching you be such a fool and falling right into your brother's hand made me so happy. Everyone had praised you perfect to be the Emperor, but it was only because your brother hid his potential." The way she sneered made her look mad.

Mo Chou furrowed his brows but did not interrupt her.

"Oh, and my brother. I have long since known your ill relation with him, the thought of it makes my blood boil till this very day. Such a happy couple, yet his position was obviously mine, I should be the one you love. So I schemed, I wanted to tear you two apart. You know, that day you slept with me, I had drugged you. As soon as I consummated with you, my innocence gone, I knew you would have to marry me no matter what. Even if you loved my brother, you would have to marry me, so I drugged you. Of course, when you realized what you had done, you had to marry me. Ohhhh, the delight when I had finally achieved my goal." Qi Meizhen smiled widely, eyes rolling to look at Mo Chou.