3.4

Mark unconsciously tightened his hand. Staring at the image of the brightly smiling Victor, he somehow felt like something wasn't right. Calming down the tension within his heart, he muttered, "Thank you for visiting, Prince Victor."

When Victor heard the prince before his name, he couldn't help it as he grimaced a bit. "General, there is no need for such formality. Please, just call me Victor." He couldn't help but place a hand on his nape in an awkward manner.

Mark's eyes lingered longer on Victor's actions before nodding his head, his eyes frosty like snow. "Alright then, please call me Mark then." Mark's eyes watched as Victor slowly dropped his hand away from his neck. "We should go back now, I'm sure that Prince Lucius will be looking for you." Saying so, Mark turned his head away and began walking, all the while, his thoughts still lingered on Victor.

As Victor walked behind Mark, he couldn't help it as he raised a hand to cover the place where his heart was. A smile was still placed upon his lips but his eyes were now clouded with entangled thoughts.

(Fei Shang, I think I understand everything now.)

Victor was finally able to figure everything out now, he could understand the bits of information that had been hidden. Thinking back on it, it was something that he should have figured out since the second world. Victor should've known since the moment he realized just how similar Daniel was to Xu Yongheng.

It was only after putting all the information together that he could finally be sure about his guess. Daniel and Xu Yongheng were the same soul, if not, connecting everything to his dream, they must be related to each other somehow. Victor was definitely sure that they were the same soul or pieces of the same soul.

Fei Shang didn't say anything, he merely listened to Victor.

As if finally realizing something, Victor asked Fei Shang a question.

(You've always known, haven't you?)

[I have, Host. I've known about this since the beginning. I just wasn't able to tell you that I knew. The higher ups have specified that until you have figured everything out by yourself, I am not to say a word about this matter to you.]

Fei Shang didn't hide the truth anymore. Now that Victor had figured out a small piece of this, it meant that Fei Shang didn't need to hide it. Since Victor had figured this out now, it meant that he was going to be recovering his memories soon.

Victor was deep in his thoughts, but with Fei Shang's words, it meant that he was correct since the beginning.

(Will he follow after me to every world I enter then?)

[Yes, he will. Host, I think that you know there is much more you haven't figured out. Once you have figured everything out, then you can start moving in forwards with that. I don't want to hide it from you, but I also can't tell you anything. From the moment I chose you, there was already something about you that have been sealed. Now, it is time to reveal everything slowly. You will figure out much more from this day on, so there is no need to worry, Host.]

Victor was relieved. If he would follow after Victor in very world, then that meant that Victor didn't need to be afraid of loving him. He didn't need to be afraid of losing him.

Truthfully, this was a declaration from deep within his heart. He no longer needed to be afraid, because he could now love without being afraid of anything. It meant that he no longer had to leave him behind in every world. Victor could finally love.

Fei Shang didn't say anything, he merely kept silent, his head filled with his own thoughts. Even though he wanted to say it out, wanted to tell Victor so much, he knew that it wasn't the right time yet. Even he understood that Victor needed to repent for his actions.